Posted to alt.home.repair

Default BLOWER MOTOR RUNS, BUT NO ACTIVITY ON IGNITION

Woke this morning to a frigid house. My Ultra SX80 Model #GUJ100D20-3 A is not
heating. The induction fan is working, but there is no sign of life to the
burners. The igniter doesn't even click like it wants to turn on. House temp
currently 52. Was 68 last night. Have had no previous issues with this
furnace. Initial inspection shows the unit to be clean. HELP! WE'RE
FREEZING!!!! Thanks

--
for full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/mainte...n-1156076-.htm

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Friday, January 12, 2018 at 7:44:06 AM UTC-5, Frigid Bill wrote:
Woke this morning to a frigid house. My Ultra SX80 Model #GUJ100D20-3 A is not
heating. The induction fan is working, but there is no sign of life to the
burners. The igniter doesn't even click like it wants to turn on. House temp
currently 52. Was 68 last night. Have had no previous issues with this
furnace. Initial inspection shows the unit to be clean. HELP! WE'RE
FREEZING!!!! Thanks

Typically there are flashing LEDs and a chart on the inside of the door
that tell you what the fault is.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 1/12/2018 8:10 AM, trader_4 wrote:
On Friday, January 12, 2018 at 7:44:06 AM UTC-5, Frigid Bill wrote:
Woke this morning to a frigid house. My Ultra SX80 Model #GUJ100D20-3 A is not
heating. The induction fan is working, but there is no sign of life to the
burners. The igniter doesn't even click like it wants to turn on. House temp
currently 52. Was 68 last night. Have had no previous issues with this
furnace. Initial inspection shows the unit to be clean. HELP! WE'RE
FREEZING!!!! Thanks

Typically there are flashing LEDs and a chart on the inside of the door
that tell you what the fault is.

Flashing lights are a good thing to do, but the 1st thing I would try is
the Microsoft fix ... reboot. Turn off the power, wait a few seconds,
maybe a minute and then on. Do this just to see if it was a passing
thing. But, do keep and eye on it. BTW, I have has 2 Samsung
refrigerator/freezers (one with a Whirlpool name) that will shut down
with even the slightest power glitch. I also have a friend with a
similar Samsung model that does the same thing.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Friday, January 12, 2018 at 6:44:06 AM UTC-6, Frigid Bill wrote:
Woke this morning to a frigid house. My Ultra SX80 Model #GUJ100D20-3 A is not
heating. The induction fan is working, but there is no sign of life to the
burners. The igniter doesn't even click like it wants to turn on. House temp
currently 52. Was 68 last night. Have had no previous issues with this
furnace. Initial inspection shows the unit to be clean. HELP! WE'RE
FREEZING!!!! Thanks

--

Furnaces have what's called an "Air Prove Switch" which determines if the induction fan is moving air. I replaced a lot of them when I serviced HVAC systems. There is a lot of information on The Internet but you can remove the silicone rubber air line(which is often red in color) from the blower housing then blow/suck on it to see if the switch makes a clicking noise. Sometimes this will free up the switch and get the furnace going again. ^_^

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NjOsXv4Z-lg

[8~{} Uncle Furnace Monster