Posted to alt.home.repair

Default New wood burning stove

I have a new wood burning stove that we installed last night and it has harsh
chemical smell. My husband says the company told him it isnt harmful. We
could barely breath last night. I dont believe that. Can anyone help.

--
for full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/mainte...e-1154230-.htm

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 12/29/2017 10:44 PM, Syd wrote:
I have a new wood burning stove that we installed last night and it
has harsh
chemical smell. My husband says the company told him it isnt harmful. We
could barely breath last night. I dont believe that. Can anyone help.

Â* Open the windows and burn the stove at it's hottest setting for a
half hour . It's burning off the oils and solvents/paint applied during
manufacture .

--
Snag
Ain't no dollar sign on

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 12/29/2017 11:44 PM, Syd wrote:
I have a new wood burning stove that we installed last night and it has
harsh
chemical smell. My husband says the company told him it isnt harmful. We
could barely breath last night. I dont believe that. Can anyone help.

Every new stove smells the first burn or two. Usually not harmful. Just
put a fan in the window and crank it up. Should not take long to clear
up.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sat, 30 Dec 2017 12:16:08 -0500, Ed Pawlowski wrote
in

On 12/29/2017 11:44 PM, Syd wrote:
I have a new wood burning stove that we installed last night and it has
harsh
chemical smell. My husband says the company told him it isn’t harmful. We
could barely breath last night. I don’t believe that. Can anyone help.

Oh, you poor snowflake. How awful.

Every new stove smells the first burn or two. Usually not harmful. Just
put a fan in the window and crank it up. Should not take long to clear
up.

+1

Wood Burning Stove - Glass doors always smoked up! Richard UK diy 10 November 20th 15 07:07 PM
New Wood Burning Stove = Fire Alarm Adam[_3_] UK diy 6 February 3rd 08 09:44 PM
Wood burning stove PacKat Home Repair 3 December 21st 04 02:16 PM
Majestic wood burning cook stove Ray Manning Woodturning 3 January 12th 04 06:07 AM
Wood burning stove Martin Carroll UK diy 4 October 12th 03 08:44 PM