Posted to alt.home.repair

Default how can i manually tilt a wall mounted tv bracket?

my wall mounted tv can't tilt because the wires behind got jammed in the bracket. I know it takes an allen wrench, but i cant remember where its located, also i'm not sure if this will allow me to get the wires out, and i cant get to the back to hook up an antennae. Any suggestions?
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 12/27/17 9:32 AM, trader_4 wrote:
On Wednesday, December 27, 2017 at 8:16:43 AM UTC-5, wrote:
On Tue, 26 Dec 2017 17:00:45 -0800 (PST), wrote:

my wall mounted tv can't tilt because the wires behind got jammed in the bracket.
I know it takes an allen wrench, but i cant remember where its located,
also i'm not sure if this will allow me to get the wires out,
and i cant get to the back to hook up an antennae. Any suggestions?

You'll need another person to help you with this.
Good luck.
John T.

Yeah, that's a good one. I wouldn't think it would be easy to get the cables
caught in the locking mechanism, but I guess it's possible. And really
bad. First thing I'd confirm is if that is really the problem? How
does it normally release? Mine there is a pull cord. If they are activating
the release and it won't come off, the only thing I can see is to shake
the TV, have someone else jiggling the cables, and keep trying. If it
won't release, then you're really, really screwed, because you'd have
to destroy the TV or at least part of it, to get it off. What were they
going to do with that allen wrench?

If cables are caught and pinched, chances are they're damaged and will
need to be replaced.

Pinched HDMIs may cause poor or no picture/sound; pinched AC line could
have damaged insulation which is a shock hazard, may lead to a short
and/or create a fire hazard.

--
It's reported that ignorance of math is growing by geometric
progression, whatever that is.