Posted to alt.home.repair

Default overhead l e d lites

On 12/17/2017 1:18 PM, Bod wrote:
On 17/12/2017 17:58, Meanie wrote:
On 12/17/2017 12:41 PM, Bod wrote:
On Sun, 17 Dec 2017 17:23:53 -0000, Bod wrote:

On Sun, 17 Dec 2017 16:27:10 -0000, Bod wrote:

On Sun, 17 Dec 2017 15:06:43 -0000, Earl Links

On Sun, 17 Dec 2017 14:49:57 -0000, Bubba

I really don't understand the desire for warm white.

Choice?
I have 6500K in the garage and 2700K in the great room.

Why would you want anything other than natural sunlight white?
Warm
white is the pitiful excuse for light you get from candles,
filament
bulbs, and cheap CFLs.

How can you be so wrong so often?

Explain why what I wrote is wrong.

Because some people differ in their lighting preference. It's as
simple
as that.

Then they're wrong.* Our eyes are for seeing things in sunlight,
that's
how we evolved.* Giving them anything different is nonsensical.

Lol, they're wrong for preferring a different type of light!?

It would be like your car preferring diesel even though it was made
to run on petrol.

ROTFPML

...and this coming from an idiot who believes all Americans are
stupid. We're glad he's in your land and not ours.

We maybe on the same island, but he lives in Scotland and I live in the
south of England

Ahh, that explains everything. I assume you simply mean "Whew!"
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 12/17/2017 3:08 PM, Mark Lloyd wrote:

[snip]

I really don't understand the desire for warm white.

I'd much rather have real white than "warm white", which looks like
dirty yellow.

Perhaps people are choosing it because that's what they had no choice
but to accept in the past (AFAIK, real white incandescents are possible,
but are hotter and much less efficient). Now we have something better
(real white LEDs).

The overall issue is about preference. Many people simply prefer one
over the other regardless of facts, fiction or otherwise. When a smug
POS chimes in with the belief everyone else should abide by his
preference, he simply makes an ass of himself, though, it isn't the
first time nor will it be the last.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 12/17/2017 11:18 AM, Bod wrote:
We maybe on the same island, but he lives in Scotland and I live in the
south of England

If you love something, set it free. Maybe it's time to let go of the
haggis eaters.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 12/17/2017 12:10 PM, Bod wrote:
Whatever; visually it is a massive difference. Everything is so much
brighter. The old ones were positively a dull yellowy colour in comparison.

Added on top of slowly forming cataracts, I don't need any more yellow
in my visual world. I also despise low pressure sodium street lights.
Might as well go back to gas lights and ye olde lamplighter.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 12/17/2017 01:11 PM, Mark Lloyd wrote:

[snip]

Why would you want anything other than natural sunlight white? Warm
white is the pitiful excuse for light you get from candles, filament
bulbs, and cheap CFLs.

There's the (much too common) mistake of assuming that what you've had
is what's best.

Some people think they don't look as good without the dishonest "warm
white" light.

It is true some of the things you drag home from a dimly lit saloon
don't look as good when the sun comes up.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sun, 17 Dec 2017 20:15:15 -0000, Meanie wrote:

On 12/17/2017 1:18 PM, Bod wrote:
[...]

Most inventors are Scottish.

Would have been better if Alexander Graham Bell had been drowned at
birth. I suppose some other idiot would have ultimately come up with the
smart phone though.
Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Gay ****** Birdbrain Macaw (now "James Wilkinson" LOL), the Sociopathic Attention Whore

On Sun, 17 Dec 2017 20:42:10 -0000, Birdbrain Macaw (now "James Wilkinson"),

You simply don't get it.

Thanks for proving you're a clueless dense jackass.

You simply don't understand the laws of physics.

Trust me, Birdbrain, he understands VERY well that you are a sick filthy
unwashed wanking idiot!

--
****** Birdbrain Macaw (now "James Wilkinson" LOL) ADMITS he's a cretin:
"I will admit I am not perfect and if it was up to me I would have aborted
Posted to alt.home.repair

Default lowbrowman, Birdbrain's old whore!

On Sun, 17 Dec 2017 20:42:34 -0000, Birdbrain Macaw (now "James Wilkinson"),

What we see is that the biggest ****** on all these groups is Scottish, you
disgusting filthy ******!

--
More of Birdbrain Macaw's (now "James Wilkinson" LOL) sociopathic BULL****:
"If someone walks out from behind a parked car without looking, they're at
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sun, 17 Dec 2017 14:17:35 -0700, lowbrowman, yet another endlessly

FLUSH the senile oaf's usual senile drivel

Nobody in your old people's home talking to you again, poor senile sod? BG

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sun, 17 Dec 2017 21:22:12 -0000, lowbrowman, yet another endlessly
driveling senile idiot, blabbered again:

FLUSH the two abnormal idiots' idiotic BULL****

--
More from Birdbrain Macaw's (now "James Wilkinson" LOL) strange sociopathic
world:
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sun, 17 Dec 2017 13:58:48 -0700, lowbrowman, yet another endlessly
driveling senile idiot, blabbered again:

We maybe on the same island, but he lives in Scotland and I live in the
south of England

If you love something, set it free. Maybe it's time to let go of the
haggis eaters.

Would YOU give up your Scottish pimp, lowbrowman? No, you WOULDN'T, you
senile piece of Yank ****!
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sun, 17 Dec 2017 21:12:06 -0000, Birdbrain Macaw (now "James Wilkinson"),

If you love something, set it free. Maybe it's time to let go of the
haggis eaters.

They don't get to decide, the referendum was for Scottish folk only (stupidly).

It's ALWAYS difficult to get rid of a sick wanking asshole like you,
Birdbrain. Ask your neighbours! Ask your relatives! They can tell you
something about it. You're a PEST!

Gay ****** Birdbrain about Women:

--
Birdbrain Macaw (now "James Wilkinson" LOL) about women:
"I don't want one. Easy enough to get one if I wanted one."

--
More of ****** Birdbrain Macaw's (now "James Wilkinson" LOL) strange world:
"Women should learn to enjoy sex.."

--
More from Birdbrain Macaw's (now "James Wilkinson" LOL) strange sociopathic
world:
"...men are superior, so a woman dressed as a man looks better, not worse."
MID:

--
Birdbrain Macaw's (now "James Wilkinson" LOL) sociopathic "mind" at work:
"Satan is god's wife. Woman are evil."

--
More of Birdbrain Macaw's (now "James Wilkinson" LOL) "deep thinking":
"A woman should never be allowed to operate anything technical."

--
More of Birdbrain Macaw's (now "James Wilkinson" LOL) deep thinking:
"Looking at a woman the wrong way is now illegal. Raising your eyebrow at an

--
Gay ****** Birdbrain about women:
"99% of females are not worth having."
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sun, 17 Dec 2017 20:40:47 -0000, Birdbrain Macaw (now "James Wilkinson"),

The human eye can only see so many colors. Some folks are color blind
so red, green may look different.

Still no reason to make your lights any different to the sunlight.

STILL insisting on being the village idiot here, Birdbrain? BG

--
Birdbrain, the sociopathic workshy dole and welfare whore about his
"illness":

LOL
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sun, 17 Dec 2017 20:40:25 -0000, Birdbrain Macaw (now "James Wilkinson"),

Whatever; visually it is a massive difference. Everything is so much
brighter. The old ones were positively a dull yellowy colour in comparison.

Everything is NOT brighter. It's a different colour.

Have you seen the light he's using, Birdbrain? NO! So shut your stupid
sociopathic gob, filthy ******!

--
More of Birdbrain Macaw's (now "James Wilkinson" LOL) pathological "mind"
revealed:

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sun, 17 Dec 2017 14:02:29 -0700, lowbrowman, yet another endlessly
driveling senile idiot, blabbered again:

Whatever; visually it is a massive difference. Everything is so much
brighter. The old ones were positively a dull yellowy colour in comparison.

Added on top of slowly forming cataracts, I don't need any more yellow
in my visual world. I also despise low pressure sodium street lights.
Might as well go back to gas lights and ye olde lamplighter.

Yep, you ARE as much of a driveling idiot as your Scottish pimp, you old
whore! BG
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sun, 17 Dec 2017 21:12:47 -0000, Birdbrain Macaw (now "James Wilkinson"),

Added on top of slowly forming cataracts, I don't need any more yellow
in my visual world. I also despise low pressure sodium street lights.
Might as well go back to gas lights and ye olde lamplighter.

Get something called Phillips hue. Then you can change the RGB value to
suit your eyes.

Just what is it with you and all those dumb senile Yanks on alt.home.repair,
Birdbrain? It more and more appears to be an erotic thing. BG

--
Yet more from Birdbrain Macaw's (now "James Wilkinson" LOL) strange
sociopathic world:
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sun, 17 Dec 2017 20:39:41 -0000, Birdbrain Macaw (now "James Wilkinson"),

There's the (much too common) mistake of assuming that what you've had
is what's best.

Some people think they don't look as good without the dishonest "warm
white" light.

You must hate going out in the sun.

You must be the biggest idiot that ever trolled on these groups, Birdbrain!

--
More from Birdbrain Macaw's (now "James Wilkinson" LOL) strange sociopathic
world:
"Being able to kill something with just a spear is surely a good ability to
have?"
MID:
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sun, 17 Dec 2017 21:19:50 -0000, Birdbrain Macaw (now "James Wilkinson"),

It is true some of the things you drag home from a dimly lit saloon
don't look as good when the sun comes up.

That's nothing to do with the sun, that's your blood alcohol content being lower.

Nope, it has to do with him being a decrepit senile idiot and you being a
decrepit puerile idiot, Birdbrain!

--
More of Birdbrain Macaw's (now "James Wilkinson" LOL) "knowledge" LOL:
"I heard a long time ago that it was possible to breathe water or something
Posted to alt.home.repair

Still no reason to make your lights any different to the sunlight.

Yes, the world's most romantic restaurants are lit with 7000K bulbs.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sun, 17 Dec 2017 20:41:42 -0000, Birdbrain Macaw (now "James Wilkinson"),

The overall issue is about preference. Many people simply prefer one
over the other regardless of facts, fiction or otherwise. When a smug
POS chimes in with the belief everyone else should abide by his
preference, he simply makes an ass of himself, though, it isn't the
first time nor will it be the last.

Do you hate the outdoors? Do you put special glasses on to change the
colour of sunlight because you think it's wrong?

Do you pride yourself on being an internationally recognized idiot,
Birdbrain? One sure gets that impression!

--
More of ****** Birdbrain Macaw's (now "James Wilkinson" LOL) twisted
sexuality:
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sun, 17 Dec 2017 14:13:57 -0700, rbowman
wrote:

It is true some of the things you drag home from a dimly lit saloon
don't look as good when the sun comes up.

A trucker woke up the next morning with a black woman in his room.
"Who the hell are you?" I don't know sir, last night I was the Yellow
Rose of Texas.

.... "went to bed at 2 with a 10 and woke up with a two at 10."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kPJQ23Lpejg
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 12/17/2017 5:26 PM, Willy wrote:
Still no reason to make your lights any different to the sunlight.

Yes, the world's most romantic restaurants are lit with 7000K bulbs.

Stupid restaurants! Dim lit romantic settings are a thing of the past.
Jamie says so!
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sun, 17 Dec 2017 23:34:25 -0000, Birdbrain Macaw (now "James Wilkinson"),

Stupid restaurants! Dim lit romantic settings are a thing of the past.
Jamie says so!

Learn the difference between colour and brightness.

Learn that ALL people, but ALL people, consider you an ABYSMALLY stupid
idiot, Birdbrain!

--
More of Birdbrain Macaw's (now "James Wilkinson" LOL) about toddlers:
"There's this thing called evolution where the thick little *******s do
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sun, 17 Dec 2017 23:37:08 -0000, Birdbrain Macaw (now "James Wilkinson"),

Interesting, I had to use an American proxy to access that. I wonder why
they banned it in the UK? It didn't even say it was banned, it said "not
available" as though it had been deleted.

Oh, just shut your stupid gob, you attention-starved ******!

--
More of Birdbrain Macaw's (now "James Wilkinson" LOL) "deep thinking":
"Buses are an abomination and should be outlawed."

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sun, 17 Dec 2017 15:06:43 -0000, Earl Links wrote:

On Sun, 17 Dec 2017 14:49:57 -0000, Bubba wrote:

I really don't understand the desire for warm white.

Choice?
I have 6500K in the garage and 2700K in the great room.

Why would you want anything other than natural sunlight white?
Warm
white is the pitiful excuse for light you get from candles,
filament
bulbs, and cheap CFLs.

How can you be so wrong so often?

Explain why what I wrote is wrong.

Because some people differ in their lighting preference. It's as
simple
as that.

Then they're wrong.Â* Our eyes are for seeing things in sunlight,
that's
how we evolved.Â* Giving them anything different is nonsensical..

Lol, they're wrong for preferring a different type of light!?

It would be like your car preferring diesel even though it was made
to run on petrol.

ROTFPML

...and this coming from an idiot who believes all Americans are stupid.
We're glad he's in your land and not ours.

We maybe on the same island, but he lives in Scotland and I live in the
south of England
--
Bod

Are you a Whale? snicker ^_^

[8~{} Uncle Southern Monster
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 12/17/2017 12:27 PM, Meanie wrote:
On 12/17/2017 3:08 PM, Mark Lloyd wrote:

[snip]

I really don't understand the desire for warm white.

I'd much rather have real white than "warm white", which looks like
dirty yellow.

Perhaps people are choosing it because that's what they had no choice
but to accept in the past (AFAIK, real white incandescents are
possible, but are hotter and much less efficient). Now we have
something better (real white LEDs).

The overall issue is about preference. Many people simply prefer one
over the other regardless of facts, fiction or otherwise. When a smug
POS chimes in with the belief everyone else should abide by his
preference, he simply makes an ass of himself, though, it isn't the
first time nor will it be the last.

Talking to this clown is always the equivalent to talking to a brick. He
never agrees with anything.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 12/17/2017 1:18 PM, Bod wrote:
[...]

I wish a Scotsman would invent a translator machine so the rest of the English speaking world could understand WTF Scotish people were saying. giggles ^_^

[8~{} Uncle Scotch-Irish Monster
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sunday, December 17, 2017 at 6:11:03 PM UTC-6, James Wilkinson Sword wrote:
On Sun, 17 Dec 2017 23:58:31 -0000, Uncle Monster wrote:

[...]

The Whales are not in England, but in a little sticky out lump on the west that thinks it's part of the UK. They speak with a very strange accent.
--

I thought Wales was more southwest but a quick look at a map shows a southern peninsula south of Wales. About the only thing most Americans of my generation know about Wales is that it's where the singer Tom Jones hails from. ^_^

[8~{} Uncle Southern Monster
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sun, 17 Dec 2017 21:02:29 -0000, rbowman wrote:

On 12/17/2017 12:10 PM, Bod wrote:
Whatever; visually it is a massive difference. Everything is so much
brighter. The old ones were positively a dull yellowy colour in
comparison.

Added on top of slowly forming cataracts, I don't need any more yellow
in my visual world. I also despise low pressure sodium street lights.
Might as well go back to gas lights and ye olde lamplighter.

Get something called Phillips hue. Then you can change the RGB value
to suit your eyes.

I already stated that the LED unit I installed allows for the color
temperature to be selected by the user.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sun, 17 Dec 2017 20:58:48 -0000, rbowman wrote:

On 12/17/2017 11:18 AM, Bod wrote:
We maybe on the same island, but he lives in Scotland and I live in the
south of England

If you love something, set it free. Maybe it's time to let go of the
haggis eaters.

They don't get to decide, the referendum was for Scottish folk only
(stupidly).

It saves the embarrassment of a referendum choice of 'don't let the door
hit you on the ass.'

Right now the Brits seem to have enough problems with Northern Ireland.
With the consummate diplomatic skills the Brits possess they'll probably
start The Troubles Part 2.

The only sane solution is for the Presbyterians in the north to convert
to Catholicism and join the Republic. The malcontents can go back to
Scotland where their knuckle-dragging ancestors came from.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 12/17/2017 03:43 PM, Oren wrote:
... "went to bed at 2 with a 10 and woke up with a two at 10."

I think Willie knows whereof he speaks. Grass goggles will do that to you.
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

It is true some of the things you drag home from a dimly lit saloon
don't look as good when the sun comes up.

A trucker woke up the next morning with a black woman in his room.
"Who the hell are you?" I don't know sir, last night I was the Yellow
Rose of Texas.

... "went to bed at 2 with a 10 and woke up with a two at 10."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kPJQ23Lpejg

Interesting, I had to use an American proxy to access that. I wonder
why they banned it in the UK? It didn't even say it was banned, it said
"not available" as though it had been deleted.

Willie is an American treasure we don't want to share with the world.
He's a spokesman of our values:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pG9hCSUckCg
Posted to alt.home.repair

My phone is one of the earliest smartphones. It understands 1 in 20
websites, and can't download any "apps" except for Ebay, Facebook, and a
very early version of Google Earth. It doesn't run on Android or
Microsoft or anything most places have ever heard of. I think it's some
Java based thing.

My phone is a flip phone. It makes phone calls. It does receive SMS
messages so I can do two factor authentication if needs.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 12/17/2017 03:26 PM, Willy wrote:
Still no reason to make your lights any different to the sunlight.

Yes, the world's most romantic restaurants are lit with 7000K bulbs.

At least you can see the roaches scampering around in the corners then.

Posted to alt.home.repair

The Whales are not in England, but in a little sticky out lump on the
west that thinks it's part of the UK. They speak with a very strange
accent.

I didn't know they spoke English. Isn't that the language with an
oversupply of consonants?
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 12/17/2017 05:33 PM, Uncle Monster wrote:
I thought Wales was more southwest but a quick look at a map shows a southern peninsula south of Wales. About the only thing most Americans of my generation know about Wales is that it's where the singer Tom Jones hails from. ^_^

I would have said Dylan Thomas.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 12/17/2017 05:11 PM, Uncle Monster wrote:
I wish a Scotsman would invent a translator machine so the rest of the English speaking world could understand WTF Scotish people were saying. giggles ^_^

Luckily 'Trainspotting' had subtitles.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sunday, December 17, 2017 at 6:43:43 PM UTC-6, James Wilkinson Sword wrote:
On Mon, 18 Dec 2017 00:11:22 -0000, Uncle Monster wrote:

****trim da phat****

Most inventors are Scottish.
--

I wish a Scotsman would invent a translator machine so the rest of the English speaking world could understand WTF Scotish people were saying. giggles ^_^

[8~{} Uncle Scotch-Irish Monster

Only the lower class Scots speak unintelligibly.
--

Would that be Black Scots from the inner city hoods? o_O

[8~{} Uncle Honky Monster
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 12/17/2017 1:18 PM, Bod wrote:
[...]

The upper class kissed the Sassenach's ass and learned to talk like him
as a form of social climbing.