Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Kidde Recalls Fire Extinguishers With Plastic Handles

Kidde Recalls Fire Extinguishers with Plastic Handles made since 1973

See:

http://osfm.fire.ca.gov/pdf/CPSC_Kid...essRelease.pdf
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Fri, 08 Dec 2017 18:52:37 +0000, Brian wrote:

Kidde Recalls Fire Extinguishers with Plastic Handles made since 1973

See:

http://osfm.fire.ca.gov/pdf/CPSC_Kid...essRelease.pdf

Units:

About 37.8 million (in addition, 2.7 million in Canada and 6,730 in
Mexico)

https://www.cpsc.gov/Recalls/2017/kidde-recalls-fire-extinguishers-with-plastic-handles-due-to-failure-to-discharge-and

Thanks for the post. I had seen reports and should have looked sooner.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 12/8/17 11:59 AM, Oren wrote:
On Fri, 08 Dec 2017 18:52:37 +0000, Brian wrote:

Kidde Recalls Fire Extinguishers with Plastic Handles made since 1973

See:

http://osfm.fire.ca.gov/pdf/CPSC_Kid...essRelease.pdf

Units:

About 37.8 million (in addition, 2.7 million in Canada and 6,730 in
Mexico)

https://www.cpsc.gov/Recalls/2017/kidde-recalls-fire-extinguishers-with-plastic-handles-due-to-failure-to-discharge-and

Thanks for the post. I had seen reports and should have looked sooner.

I just got my replacement yesterday
Posted to alt.home.repair

Kidde Recalls Fire Extinguishers with Plastic Handles made since 1973
See:
http://osfm.fire.ca.gov/pdf/CPSC_Kid...essRelease.pdf

Units:
About 37.8 million (in addition, 2.7 million in Canada and 6,730 in
Mexico)
https://www.cpsc.gov/Recalls/2017/kidde-recalls-fire-extinguishers-with-plastic-handles-due-to-failure-to-discharge-and
Thanks for the post. I had seen reports and should have looked sooner.

I just got my replacement yesterday

Thanks for posting.
but I'm tempted to call bs on the 2.7 million
plastic handled fire extinguishers in Canada ..
I've never seen a single one.
.. just folded aluminum on the little guys.
... if it's a batch of them in the 1980's - 1990's
they are in the landfill - long ago.
John T.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 2017-12-08, wrote:

but I'm tempted to call bs on the 2.7 million
plastic handled fire extinguishers in Canada ..
I've never seen a single one.

I've got 4 and I've never purchased a single one! OTOH, I live in
USA.

nb

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 2017-12-08, wrote:

but I'm tempted to call bs on the 2.7 million
plastic handled fire extinguishers in Canada ..
I've never seen a single one.

I've got 4 and I've never purchased a single one! OTOH, I live in
USA.

nb

Just looked at mine, it's metal. I don't think I've ever seen a plastic one.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 2017-12-08, wrote:

but I'm tempted to call bs on the 2.7 million
plastic handled fire extinguishers in Canada ..
I've never seen a single one.

I've got 4 and I've never purchased a single one! OTOH, I live in
USA.

nb

Just looked at mine, it's metal. I don't think I've ever seen a plastic one.

The one I bought this year has metal handles, but I do have an older one
(about 10 years old) with plastic handles and it is on the recall list.

--
16 days until the winter celebration (Monday December 25, 2017 12:00:00
AM for 1 day).

Mark Lloyd
http://notstupid.us/

"To rest one's case on faith means to concede that reason is on the side
of one's enemies- that one has no rational arguments to offer." Ayn Rand
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Fri, 08 Dec 2017 18:52:37 +0000, Brian wrote:

Kidde Recalls Fire Extinguishers with Plastic Handles made since 1973

See:

http://osfm.fire.ca.gov/pdf/CPSC_Kid...essRelease.pdf

They are starting to quibble on which ones they will replace. If you
got in early (months ago) the replacement was pretty much automatic.
Now they are saying they will not replace extingusihers with curved
plastic handles (and other lame excuses). I suspect they
underestimated how many were still out there and how many people would
apply. I have been waiting over a month with no word from Kidde
Posted to alt.home.repair

Brian wrote:
Kidde Recalls Fire Extinguishers with Plastic Handles made since 1973

See:

http://osfm.fire.ca.gov/pdf/CPSC_Kid...essRelease.pdf

In a past life I used to service fire extinguishers. I would not put my name
to this sort of ****.