Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Fire Extinguishers

http://www.safelincs.co.uk/britannia...extinguishers/

I would say that this is the end of the service trade.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Mr Pounder wrote:
http://www.safelincs.co.uk/britannia...extinguishers/

I would say that this is the end of the service trade.

(Insurance Company) "So, the last person to check the extinguisher
before the fire was the work experience trainee? Where are the records
of that check?" "They were in the filing cabinet inside the burnt-out
building" "Payment refused."

--
Tciao for Now!

John.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"John Williamson" wrote in message
Mr Pounder wrote:
http://www.safelincs.co.uk/britannia...extinguishers/

I would say that this is the end of the service trade.

(Insurance Company) "So, the last person to check the extinguisher before
the fire was the work experience trainee? Where are the records of that
check?" "They were in the filing cabinet inside the burnt-out building"
"Payment refused."

It's all a load of **** these days.
The inspection would have been documented and uploaded to a secure server.
Or, placed inside a fire proof cabinet.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Wednesday, 31 October 2012 16:11:45 UTC, Mr Pounder wrote:
I would say that this is the end of the service trade.

Assuming I have a CO2 (gas) extinguisher that I use frequently for trivial fires (and have backup for real fires), what's my best plan for buying/refilling it?

"Having fewer fires" is not a practical option.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Thu, 1 Nov 2012 06:56:58 -0700 (PDT), Andy Dingley
wrote:

On Wednesday, 31 October 2012 16:11:45 UTC, Mr Pounder wrote:
I would say that this is the end of the service trade.

Assuming I have a CO2 (gas) extinguisher that I use frequently for trivial fires (and have backup for real fires), what's my best plan for buying/refilling it?

"Having fewer fires" is not a practical option.

Modify a pub CO2 cylinder to be a fire extinguisher

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Thursday, 1 November 2012 14:40:39 UTC, The Other Mike wrote:
Modify a pub CO2 cylinder to be a fire extinguisher

Possibly, for a fixed install via nozzles, but too heavy to use conveniently by hand.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 01/11/12 13:56, Andy Dingley wrote:
On Wednesday, 31 October 2012 16:11:45 UTC, Mr Pounder wrote:
I would say that this is the end of the service trade.

Assuming I have a CO2 (gas) extinguisher that I use frequently for trivial fires (and have backup for real fires), what's my best plan for buying/refilling it?

"Having fewer fires" is not a practical option.

I had to get one for the insures peace of mind. I asked them, they told
me a local chap who dropped a couple off when he was 'in the area' and
refilled it for bugger all when I used it to control a chimney fire (I
shouldn't say this, but the fire briugade swept the whole chimney for me
for free :-))

--
Ineptocracy

diminishing number of producers.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 01/11/12 15:02, Andy Dingley wrote:
On Thursday, 1 November 2012 14:40:39 UTC, The Other Mike wrote:
Modify a pub CO2 cylinder to be a fire extinguisher

Possibly, for a fixed install via nozzles, but too heavy to use conveniently by hand.

really they are NOT expensive.

If you find a small one man band type company to supply them

I think I got a water/Nitrogen and a powder one for less than £50

And the refill was about 15 quid for the big one

And it really worked.

--
Ineptocracy

diminishing number of producers.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Thursday, November 1, 2012 4:24:53 PM UTC, The Natural Philosopher wrote:
If you find a small one man band type company to supply them

They are peanuts to refill, check the local industrial estates.
It is a commodity task, but one where the overheads are small, work boring, and a reasonable earner that is not too great to attract many entrants.

Actual rating of the extinguisher can be affected by the components, eg, cheap 2kg CO2 may be circa 34B, slightly more for a Gloria frost free with 55B rating.

The new foam extinguishers are also rated for electrical fires up to many kV as I recall. Powder is good at shagging quite a few things once they are hot.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:
If you find a small one man band type company to supply them

They are peanuts to refill, check the local industrial estates.
It is a commodity task, but one where the overheads are small, work
boring, and a reasonable earner that is not too great to attract many
entrants.

Actual rating of the extinguisher can be affected by the components, eg,
cheap 2kg CO2 may be circa 34B, slightly more for a Gloria frost free with
55B rating.

The new foam extinguishers are also rated for electrical fires up to many
kV as I recall. Powder is good at shagging quite a few things once they
are hot.

Is a Gloria a frost free freezer with a horn on?
We need to be told.
Please tell...

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Thursday, November 1, 2012 8:23:00 PM UTC, Mr Pounder wrote:
Is a Gloria a frost free freezer with a horn on?
We need to be told.
Please tell...

:-)

No, a boring big red cylinder, with protruding black frost free (double skinned) plastic horn, with higher 55B rating. Gloria C20GH for about £30+delivery on most online places. Not as high as a 5kg extinguisher, but a good bit better than most other 2kg extinguishers.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote in message
On Thursday, November 1, 2012 8:23:00 PM UTC, Mr Pounder wrote:
Is a Gloria a frost free freezer with a horn on?
We need to be told.
Please tell...

:-)

No, a boring big red cylinder, with protruding black frost free (double
skinned) plastic horn, with higher 55B rating. Gloria C20GH for about
£30+delivery on most online places. Not as high as a 5kg extinguisher, but a
good bit better than most other 2kg extinguishers.