Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Water heater exhaust pipe question

replying to m Ransley, John wrote:
The exaust pipe was scorching hot! Why?

--
for full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/mainte...on-545989-.htm

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Monday, December 4, 2017 at 10:44:17 PM UTC-5, John wrote:
replying to m Ransley, John wrote:
The exaust pipe was scorching hot! Why?

--
for full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/mainte...on-545989-.htm

Assuming it's a conventional gas WH using a galvanized metal exhaust pipe,
it's hot because it's burning nat gas. The newer direct vent WHs use PVC
and those are warm, but not so hot you can't touch them.
Posted to alt.home.repair

John posted for all of us...

replying to m Ransley, John wrote:
The exaust pipe was scorching hot! Why?

--
for full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/mainte...on-545989-.htm

How old is this post? I haven't seen Ransley around... Did he get
gerbilized?

--
Tekkie
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Tue, 05 Dec 2017 15:12:09 -0500, Tekkie® wrote:

John posted for all of us...

replying to m Ransley, John wrote:
The exaust [SIC] pipe was scorching hot! Why?

--
for full context, visit
https://www.homeownershub.com/mainte...-exhaust-pipe-

question-545989-.htm

How old is this post? I haven't seen Ransley around... Did he get
gerbilized?

Ransley's post was August 18, 2004. Typical HomeMoanersHub-type response.
Dates mean nothing to those people. (You can always check the link they
include...)
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Tue, 5 Dec 2017 20:30:25 -0000 (UTC), Sam Hill
wrote:

Ransley's post was August 18, 2004. Typical HomeMoanersHub-type response.
Dates mean nothing to those people. (You can always check the link they
include...)

The link is basically "click bait" From the Home Groaner's Hub.

Get yourself filtered, a few posters have in the past. (Hands Up)

Posted to alt.home.repair

Sam Hill posted for all of us...

On Tue, 05 Dec 2017 15:12:09 -0500, Tekkie® wrote:

John posted for all of us...

replying to m Ransley, John wrote:
The exaust [SIC] pipe was scorching hot! Why?

--
for full context, visit
https://www.homeownershub.com/mainte...-exhaust-pipe-

question-545989-.htm

How old is this post? I haven't seen Ransley around... Did he get
gerbilized?

Ransley's post was August 18, 2004. Typical HomeMoanersHub-type response.
Dates mean nothing to those people. (You can always check the link they
include...)

I don't mess with that site; go or pay attention to it.

--
Tekkie
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Tue, 05 Dec 2017 16:44:32 -0500, Tekkie® wrote:

Sam Hill posted for all of us...
On Tue, 05 Dec 2017 15:12:09 -0500, Tekkie® wrote:
How old is this post? I haven't seen Ransley around... Did he get
gerbilized?

Ransley's post was August 18, 2004. Typical HomeMoanersHub-type
response.
Dates mean nothing to those people. (You can always check the link they
include...)

I don't mess with that site; go or pay attention to it.

You asked a question; I answered it for you. Now you know how to do it for
yourself next time.