Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Worx Switch Driver

Has any one tried this thing?
https://www.worx.com/switchdriver-20v-cordless-drill-driver-wx176l.html

It has two chucks. One just rotates the chuck to change from one
bit to the other.
My first thought is it has more things to break.
Posted to alt.home.repair

replying to Dean Hoffman, Iggy wrote:
You're right. Anyone would do better with a hex shank holder and hex shank
bits. Or even, the Half Time Drill Driver, the real world changer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tHnmONuYCBs

--
for full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/mainte...r-1152048-.htm

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Friday, December 1, 2017 at 5:55:00 PM UTC-6, Dean Hoffman wrote:

Has any one tried this thing?
https://www.worx.com/switchdriver-20v-cordless-drill-driver-wx176l.html

It has two chucks. One just rotates the chuck to change from one
bit to the other.
My first thought is it has more things to break.

I gave some serious thought of buying one of these several months ago.
But the reviews changed my mind and you can check them out on the internet.
Bottom line is it was rated as just ok.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Fri, 1 Dec 2017 20:48:49 -0800 (PST), ItsJoanNotJoann wrote:

On Friday, December 1, 2017 at 5:55:00 PM UTC-6, Dean Hoffman wrote:

Has any one tried this thing?
https://www.worx.com/switchdriver-20v-cordless-drill-driver-wx176l.html

It has two chucks. One just rotates the chuck to change from one
bit to the other.
My first thought is it has more things to break.

I gave some serious thought of buying one of these several months ago.
But the reviews changed my mind and you can check them out on the internet.
Bottom line is it was rated as just ok.

I just use two drills when I'm pre-drilling and driving screws at once, which is seldom.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 12/2/17 6:25 AM, Vic Smith wrote:
On Fri, 1 Dec 2017 20:48:49 -0800 (PST), ItsJoanNotJoann wrote:

On Friday, December 1, 2017 at 5:55:00 PM UTC-6, Dean Hoffman wrote:

Has any one tried this thing?
https://www.worx.com/switchdriver-20v-cordless-drill-driver-wx176l.html

It has two chucks. One just rotates the chuck to change from one
bit to the other.
My first thought is it has more things to break.

I gave some serious thought of buying one of these several months ago.
But the reviews changed my mind and you can check them out on the internet.
Bottom line is it was rated as just ok.

I just use two drills when I'm pre-drilling and driving screws at once, which is seldom.

I saw hex shank drill bits just a few months ago. Those sure
are handy. The little
impact driver I use ratchets before it twists out of my hands.

Posted to alt.home.repair

In alt.home.repair, on Fri, 1 Dec 2017 17:54:55 -0600, Dean Hoffman
wrote:

Has any one tried this thing?
https://www.worx.com/switchdriver-20v-cordless-drill-driver-wx176l.html

It has two chucks. One just rotates the chuck to change from one
bit to the other.
My first thought is it has more things to break.

You knew my mother, right?

Posted to alt.home.repair

In alt.home.repair, on Sat, 2 Dec 2017 06:38:13 -0600, Dean Hoffman
wrote:

I saw hex shank drill bits just a few months ago. Those sure
are handy.

I needed hex shank bits to drill a couple holes behind my bumper, to
hold a license plate bracket I'd made. So I wouldn't have to make
holes in the plastic bumper.

The hex bits would go into a 10" extension, and were a lot cheaper and
probably easier to get than 14" bits, especially when I didn't know what
size I needed for the screws.

Unfortunately the engine blew less than two weeks later. But the
bracket worked well.