Zeb

Default Replacement Vinyl Window Brands

My wife and I are trying to make a decision on replacement windows to
put into a 100 year old house we're buying. Our research is showing
there's ton's of windows companies out there. Has anyone heard of or
have reccomendations for any of the following brands:

- Newpro
- Mastic
- National Vinyl
- Diamond
- Vermont Vinyl
- Park Avenue

Any input would be appreciated.
m Ransley

Consumer Reports online worth reading, worth the price of admission,
before spending thousands and finding the brand you picked condenses at
a lower temp than your old Andersons. I bought Pellas Pro line , I
should have stuck to Andersons.

Many other factors and ratings go into a good window.

Joe Bobst

recommendations for any of the following brands:
\ - Newpro
- Mastic
- National Vinyl
- Diamond
- Vermont Vinyl
- Park Ave

None of the above. Save yourself the aggravation and go with Andersen. The
reason many companies are more successful than others is because their quality
is better, so they don't spend a ton of money fending off unhappy customers.
That said, consider Pella. Their window performance on some of my properties
has been very good indeeed. YMMV.

Joe

F.H.

Joe Bobst wrote:

recommendations for any of the following brands:
\ - Newpro
- Mastic
- National Vinyl
- Diamond
- Vermont Vinyl
- Park Ave

None of the above. Save yourself the aggravation and go with Andersen. The
reason many companies are more successful than others is because their quality
is better, so they don't spend a ton of money fending off unhappy customers.
That said, consider Pella. Their window performance on some of my properties
has been very good indeeed. YMMV.

Joe

Any thoughts on Milgard, like how they stack up against Andersen?