Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Climate Change: Global Temperature Rising

Climate Change: Global Temperature
Author: LuAnn Dahlman
September 11, 2017

Temperatures measured on land and at sea for more than a century show
that Earth's globally averaged surface temperature is rising. Since
1970, global surface temperature rose at an average rate of about 0.17°C
(around 0.3° Fahrenheit) per decade€”more than twice as fast as the
0.07°C per decade increase observed for the entire period of recorded
observations (1880-2015). The average global temperature for 2016 was
0.94°C (1.69°F) above the 20th century average of 13.9°C (57.0°F),
surpassing the previous record warmth of 2015 by 0.04°C (0.07°F).

According to the official 2016 global report from NOAA's National
Centers for Environmental Information,

[2016] marks the fifth time in the 21st century a new record high
annual temperature has been set (along with 2005, 2010, 2014, and 2015)
and also marks the 40th consecutive year (since 1977) that the annual
temperature has been above the 20th century average. To date, all 16
years of the 21st century rank among the seventeen warmest on record
(1998 is currently the eighth warmest.) The five warmest years have all
occurred since 2010.

https://www.climate.gov/news-feature...al-temperature
Posted to alt.home.repair

Author: LuAnn Dahlman
September 11, 2017

Temperatures measured on land and at sea for more than a century show
that Earth's globally averaged surface temperature is rising. Since
1970, global surface temperature rose at an average rate of about 0.17°C
(around 0.3° Fahrenheit) per decade€”more than twice as fast as the
0.07°C per decade increase observed for the entire period of recorded
observations (1880-2015). The average global temperature for 2016 was
0.94°C (1.69°F) above the 20th century average of 13.9°C (57.0°F),
surpassing the previous record warmth of 2015 by 0.04°C (0.07°F).

https://www.climate.gov/news-feature...al-temperature

(Some snippage of the post above.)

The Washington Post

The Arctic ocean is warming up, icebergs are growing scarcer and in some places the seals are finding the water too hot, according to a report to the Commerce Department yesterday from Consulafft, at Bergen, Norway. Reports from fishermen, seal hunters, and explorers all point to a radical change in climate conditions and hitherto unheard-of temperatures in the Arctic zone. Exploration expeditions report that scarcely any ice has been met as far north as 81 degrees 29 minutes. Soundings to a depth of 3,100 meters showed the gulf stream still very warm. Great masses of ice have been replaced by moraines of earth and stones, the report continued, while at many points well known glaciers have entirely disappeared.

Very few seals and no white fish are found in the eastern Arctic, while vast shoals of herring and smelts which have never before ventured so far north, are being encountered in the old seal fishing grounds. Within a few years it is predicted that due to the ice melt the sea will rise and make most coastal cities uninhabitable.

====================

I apologize, I neglected to mention that this report was from November 2, 1922, as reported by the AP and published in The Washington Post - 95 years ago!

Posted to alt.home.repair

Author: LuAnn Dahlman
September 11, 2017

Temperatures measured on land and at sea for more than a century show
that Earth's globally averaged surface temperature is rising.

So what? It's a natural phenomenon. Of course there are moonbats out there
who believe that that they will take control of the Earth's climate.

NSA sedition and treason -- http://www.DeathToNSAthugs.com
Don't talk to cops! -- http://www.DontTalkToCops.com
Badges don't grant extra rights -- http://www.CopBlock.org
Posted to alt.home.repair

Author: LuAnn Dahlman
September 11, 2017

Temperatures measured on land and at sea for more than a century show
that Earth's globally averaged surface temperature is rising.

So what? It's a natural phenomenon. Of course there are moonbats out there
who believe that that they will take control of the Earth's climate.

NSA sedition and treason -- http://www.DeathToNSAthugs.com
Don't talk to cops! -- http://www.DontTalkToCops.com
Badges don't grant extra rights -- http://www.CopBlock.org

I'd say the moonbats are the ones who reject science and simply believe on faith that man can't impact the earth's climate. You'd think just the fact that in just the last 100 years we've been digging up massive amounts of fossil fuels that took hundreds of millions of years to put into the earth wood give one cause for concern. But then prior to the 70s there were a lot of people making the same arguments about pouring wastes into rivers, the oceans, and the air too. I remember my father saying that the solution to disposing of nuclear waste was to dump it at sea.
Posted to alt.home.repair

Author: LuAnn Dahlman
September 11, 2017

[...]

Oh shucks. I was getting ready to grab my kayak and go for a paddle down
the Avenue of the Americas.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Default lowbrowman, Birdbrain's old whore!

On Thu, 2 Nov 2017 23:36:42 -0600, lowbrowman, yet another endlessly
driveling senile idiot, blabbered again:

Within a few years it is predicted that due to the ice melt the sea will
rise and make most coastal cities uninhabitable.

====================

I apologize, I neglected to mention that this report was from November
2, 1922, as reported by the AP and published in The Washington Post - 95
years ago!

Oh shucks. I was getting ready to grab my kayak and go for a paddle down
the Avenue of the Americas.

Please do and stop driveling, nutter!
Posted to alt.home.repair

ItsJoanNotJoann posted for all of us...

Author: LuAnn Dahlman
September 11, 2017

[...]

I wondered what happened to the Ice Age?

--
Tekkie