Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Doorbell Chime/ Tranformer

I just got a 1981 townhouse.
It's got an Edwards 2 tone chime box, front and back doorbell push buttons and it's running on a Edwards No. 590 transformer with 10V. - 5V.A. Output voltage.

I would like to change the front doorbell push button to a new Ring Pro which runs on 24V.

Question: If I change the 10V. Transformer to a 24V., will my Chime box be OK or do I also have to get a new chime box?

Thank you.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Tuesday, October 24, 2017 at 12:43:28 PM UTC-5, wrote:
I just got a 1981 townhouse.
It's got an Edwards 2 tone chime box, front and back doorbell push buttons and it's running on a Edwards No. 590 transformer with 10V. - 5V.A. Output voltage.

I would like to change the front doorbell push button to a new Ring Pro which runs on 24V.

Question: If I change the 10V. Transformer to a 24V., will my Chime box be OK or do I also have to get a new chime box?

Thank you.

What is printed on the label inside your chime box? There should be an operating voltage spec printed on it somewhere. Perhaps the label is on the back of the chimes and you may have to remove it from the wall to have a look.ヽ(ヅ)ノ

[8~{} Uncle Ringing Monster
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Tue, 24 Oct 2017 11:04:14 -0700 (PDT), Uncle Monster
wrote:

On Tuesday, October 24, 2017 at 12:43:28 PM UTC-5, wrote:
I just got a 1981 townhouse.
It's got an Edwards 2 tone chime box, front and back doorbell push buttons and it's running on a Edwards No. 590 transformer with 10V. - 5V.A. Output voltage.

I would like to change the front doorbell push button to a new Ring Pro which runs on 24V.

Question: If I change the 10V. Transformer to a 24V., will my Chime box be OK or do I also have to get a new chime box?

Thank you.

What is printed on the label inside your chime box? There should be an operating voltage spec printed on it somewhere. Perhaps the label is on the back of the chimes and you may have to remove it from the wall to have a look.?(?)?

[8~{} Uncle Ringing Monster

Keep a good AHR / DIY thread going.
Posted to alt.home.repair

Really good suggestion.
Unfurtunatly it doesn't say anything from nor back.
I was looking online, and I believe they now run on 16V.

Thank you for your time.

Posted to alt.home.repair

I contacted them and suggested to get a chime also. Of course. I think that's the way I'll go.
Thank you for your time.