Junior Member

Default How do you clean carpet ?

I was wondering the way people clean carpet that's been urinated by a cat or dog.. or got stain of wine..means anything the need a Carpet Cleaning Service or any vacuum cleaners..
what do u all say

Last edited by Prada : October 10th 17 at 05:07 PM
Posted to alt.home.repair
dpb dpb is offline

On 09-Oct-17 8:54 AM, Prada wrote:
I was wondering the way people clean carpet that's been urinated by a
cat or dog...
what do u all say

I say keep the animals outside.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Prada writes:

I was wondering the way people clean carpet that's been urinated by a
cat or dog.. or got stain of wine..means anything the need a Carpet
Cleaning Service..
what do u all say

Cat urine can take the dye out of a carpet.
In that case there is no way to fix the visible damage.
Getting the odor out is difficult.
It can take years for the odor to finally dissipate.

You can use a service or rent a cleaner in a rental place
and most supermarkets. I have a Hoover 'steam cleaner'.
(Really just hot water.) Works as well as the rental units
or the cleaning services.

--
Dan Espen
Posted to alt.home.repair

Prada wrote:

I was wondering the way people clean carpet that's been urinated by a
cat or dog.. or got stain of wine..means anything the need a Carpet
Cleaning Service..
what do u all say

carpets are gross in general. even worse
if you have pets.

songbird
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Monday, October 9, 2017 at 7:58:56 AM UTC-7, Dan Espen wrote:
Prada writes:

I was wondering the way people clean carpet that's been urinated by a
cat or dog.. or got stain of wine..means anything the need a Carpet
Cleaning Service..
what do u all say

Cat urine can take the dye out of a carpet.
In that case there is no way to fix the visible damage.
Getting the odor out is difficult.
It can take years for the odor to finally dissipate.

You can use a service or rent a cleaner in a rental place
and most supermarkets. I have a Hoover 'steam cleaner'.
(Really just hot water.) Works as well as the rental units
or the cleaning services.

--
Dan Espen

If you rent a carpet cleaner they have soaps that will remove cat stains but first you need to vacuum your carpet first.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 10/9/2017 11:29 AM, songbird wrote:
Prada wrote:

I was wondering the way people clean carpet that's been urinated by a
cat or dog.. or got stain of wine..means anything the need a Carpet
Cleaning Service..
what do u all say

carpets are gross in general. even worse
if you have pets.

songbird

I like carpets. Pets are gross.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 10/9/2017 9:54 AM, Prada wrote:
I was wondering the way people clean carpet that's been urinated by a
cat or dog.. or got stain of wine..means anything the need a Carpet
Cleaning Service..
what do u all say

Good luck.

A stain can be removed with enzyme cleaners and most of the odor can be
eliminated, but not all, even with professional cleaning. Chances are
the urine soaked to the wood floor under the carpet and padding. That
will always be detectable by the an animal and chances are, they will
urinate again in that area. If that's sufficient, then use a simple
urine eliminating carpet cleaner and be done...um, that is, until the
pet does it again. Otherwise, I suggest removing the carpet and redo the
hardwood floors, if they exist or install hardwood floors, if they
don't. Carpets are known to harbor germs and bacteria, with pets, even
more. I couldn't fathom lying on a carpet floor knowing what lies beneath.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 10/09/2017 02:25 PM, Frank wrote:

[snip]

I like carpets.Â* Pets are gross.

Much of this year I had a cat that peed on the floor (mostly on vinyl,
though). The problem solved itself when the cat died.

BTW, the last sign of life in that cat was a purr.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 10/09/2017 03:42 PM, Meanie wrote:

[snip]

Good luck.

A stain can be removed with enzyme cleaners and most of the odor can be
eliminated, but not all, even with professional cleaning. Chances are
the urine soaked to the wood floor under the carpet and padding. That
will always be detectable by the an animal and chances are, they will
urinate again in that area.Â* If that's sufficient, then use a simple
urine eliminating carpet cleaner and be done...um, that is, until the
pet does it again. Otherwise, I suggest removing the carpet and redo the
hardwood floors, if they exist or install hardwood floors, if they
don't. Carpets are known to harbor germs and bacteria, with pets, even
more. I couldn't fathom lying on a carpet floor knowing what lies beneath.

I like hardwood floors. Especially when the surface hasn't been messed
up with carpet tape.

--
77 days until the winter celebration (Monday December 25, 2017 12:00:00
AM for 1 day).

Mark Lloyd
http://notstupid.us/

"Without faith we might relapse into scientific or rational thinking,
which leads by a slippery slope toward constitutional democracy." --
Robert Anton Wilson
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 10/9/2017 5:47 PM, Mark Lloyd wrote:
On 10/09/2017 03:42 PM, Meanie wrote:

[snip]

Good luck.

A stain can be removed with enzyme cleaners and most of the odor can
be eliminated, but not all, even with professional cleaning. Chances
are the urine soaked to the wood floor under the carpet and padding.
That will always be detectable by the an animal and chances are, they
will urinate again in that area.Â* If that's sufficient, then use a
simple urine eliminating carpet cleaner and be done...um, that is,
until the pet does it again. Otherwise, I suggest removing the carpet
and redo the hardwood floors, if they exist or install hardwood
floors, if they don't. Carpets are known to harbor germs and bacteria,
with pets, even more. I couldn't fathom lying on a carpet floor
knowing what lies beneath.

I like hardwood floors. Especially when the surface hasn't been messed
up with carpet tape.

I had my floor re-sanded and finished to eliminate those type of mars
after removing my carpet throughout my home. Glad I did

Posted to alt.home.repair

Prada wrote:
I was wondering the way people clean carpet that's been urinated by a
cat or dog.. or got stain of wine..means anything the need a Carpet
Cleaning Service..
what do u all say

Concentrate on areas indicated with UV light. Vinegar is first approach.
You could also try other special products. Floors may need resealed.

Greg
Posted to alt.home.repair

gregz wrote:
Prada wrote:
I was wondering the way people clean carpet that's been urinated by a
cat or dog.. or got stain of wine..means anything the need a Carpet
Cleaning Service..
what do u all say

Concentrate on areas indicated with UV light. Vinegar is first approach.
You could also try other special products. Floors may need resealed.

Greg

Wine, try oxiclean.

Greg
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 10/09/2017 09:54 AM, Prada wrote:
I was wondering the way people clean carpet that's been urinated by a
cat or dog.. or got stain of wine..means anything the need a Carpet
Cleaning Service..
what do u all say

Pets and installed carpet don't mix.Â* Unless you don't mind your house smelling like a barnyard, get rid of one or the other.

If you insist on keeping Fifi, remove your installed carpeting and use throw rugs.Â* Throw rugs can be taken outside and thoroughly cleaned with a pressure washer.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 10/9/2017 9:54 AM, Prada wrote:
I was wondering the way people clean carpet that's been urinated by a
cat or dog.. or got stain of wine..means anything the need a Carpet
Cleaning Service..
what do u all say

When we had a cat that would "anoint" things, Nature's Miracle worked
really well. I'd wet the spot with water, suck out (vacuum) as much as
possible, and add Nature's Miracle. Wait, and then suck that out.
Repeat if necessary.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 10/10/2017 03:22 AM, Uncle Buck wrote:
On 10/09/2017 09:54 AM, Prada wrote:
I was wondering the way people clean carpet that's been urinated by a
cat or dog.. or got stain of wine..means anything the need a Carpet
Cleaning Service..
what do u all say

Pets and installed carpet don't mix.Â* Unless you don't mind your house
smelling like a barnyard, get rid of one or the other.

If I ever replace this carpet it's NOT going to be with more carpet.

If you insist on keeping Fifi, remove your installed carpeting and use
throw rugs.Â* Throw rugs can be taken outside and thoroughly cleaned with
a pressure washer.

--
76 days until the winter celebration (Monday December 25, 2017 12:00:00
AM for 1 day).

Mark Lloyd
http://notstupid.us/

"Heaven: The Coney Island of the Christian imagination." [Elbert Hubbard
(1856-1915) American author, editor, publisher]

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 10/10/2017 07:13 AM, Art Todesco wrote:

[snip]

When we had a cat that would "anoint" things, Nature's Miracle worked
really well.Â* I'd wet the spot with water, suck out (vacuum) as much as
possible, and add Nature's Miracle.Â* Wait, and then suck that out.
Repeat if necessary.

That's what I used after a can had "gone" in the kitchen. I have enough
to use it a second time, but don't seem to need to. It would have been a
lot worse if she had used the carpet.