Posted to alt.home.repair
Meanie[_7_] Meanie[_7_] is offline

Default How do you clean carpet ?

On 10/9/2017 9:54 AM, Prada wrote:
I was wondering the way people clean carpet that's been urinated by a
cat or dog.. or got stain of wine..means anything the need a Carpet
Cleaning Service..
what do u all say

Good luck.

A stain can be removed with enzyme cleaners and most of the odor can be
eliminated, but not all, even with professional cleaning. Chances are
the urine soaked to the wood floor under the carpet and padding. That
will always be detectable by the an animal and chances are, they will
urinate again in that area. If that's sufficient, then use a simple
urine eliminating carpet cleaner and be done...um, that is, until the
pet does it again. Otherwise, I suggest removing the carpet and redo the
hardwood floors, if they exist or install hardwood floors, if they
don't. Carpets are known to harbor germs and bacteria, with pets, even
more. I couldn't fathom lying on a carpet floor knowing what lies beneath.