Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Hoover Steam-vac spin brush motor smoking.

*_Hoover steamvac f5914900 smoking from top._*

My brushes stopped rotating i believe while my partner was using our Hoover
steam-vac spinbrush with that extra solution button on handle. I started
smelling something burning turned it off. Tried to restart after a few minutes
and looked like motor was smoking. If i fix the brushes will that be ok or do
i need a new motor?

--
for full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/mainte...g-1144502-.htm

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Tuesday, September 19, 2017 at 4:19:26 PM UTC-4, Tekkie® wrote:
Randall Green posted for all of us...

*_Hoover steamvac f5914900 smoking from top._*

My brushes stopped rotating i believe while my partner was using our Hoover
steam-vac spinbrush with that extra solution button on handle. I started
smelling something burning turned it off. Tried to restart after a few minutes
and looked like motor was smoking. If i fix the brushes will that be ok or do
i need a new motor?

is something mechanically jammed preventing the brushes from turning

un-jam it and see if it works

Posted to alt.home.repair

replying to Randall Green, Brandon wrote:
I was having the same problem, it happened to me while putting my steamvac
through a lot of though work. It started with strange smells and ended with
smoke. After opening it up I found that one of the motor brushes was worn out.
The replacements cost less than $15 bucks. If you are not a handy person I
recommend you take it to the repair shop

--
for full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/mainte...g-1144502-.htm