Orlanzo Ross

Default Hoover SteamVac V2 6-Brush WidePath Brushes Don't Spin

I have been using a Hoover SteamVac for perhaps a year and half without
issue. Its been doing a respectful job of keep my carpets clean. Not an
easy task with a Rottweiler and two cats :-)

Recently, the brushes have stopped spinning. You really notice the
difference. Has anyone had this problem in the past? What was the repair?

Best regards,
Orlanzo

Kahlua53

Are you sure you still have the switch for the brush turned on?

Remove NoSpam to reply, Thanks
Junior Member

I am having the same issue with mine. Did you ever find out what the problem is? Mine has done it intermittently since new but not in front of a Hoover employee so they wouldn't do anything for me stating I must keep forgetting to turn the brushes on. Recently the brushes have stopped completely.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orlanzo Ross
I have been using a Hoover SteamVac for perhaps a year and half without
issue. Recently, the brushes have stopped spinning.

--
pcoombes

Yes, the gears within the turbine assembly were damaged. (The
lubricant had deteriorated.) I ordered the part from Hoover and
replaced it myself. If your mechanical, it isn't that difficult.

Let me know if you have further questions!

Regards,
Orlanzo

Steve Stone

Yes, the gears within the turbine assembly were damaged. (The
lubricant had deteriorated.) I ordered the part from Hoover and
replaced it myself.

I found sometimes you can't order some parts directly from Hoover for
some products but you can get them thru the Sears parts ordering web
site.

Steve