pcoombes wrote:
I am having the same issue with mine. Did you ever find out what the
problem is? Mine has done it intermittently since new but not in front
of a Hoover employee so they wouldn't do anything for me stating I must
keep forgetting to turn the brushes on. Recently the brushes have
stopped completely.
Orlanzo Ross Wrote:
I have been using a Hoover SteamVac for perhaps a year and half without
issue. Recently, the brushes have stopped spinning.

--
pcoombes

Yes, the gears within the turbine assembly were damaged. (The
lubricant had deteriorated.) I ordered the part from Hoover and
replaced it myself. If your mechanical, it isn't that difficult.

Let me know if you have further questions!

Regards,
Orlanzo