Dorsey Hudson

Default Hoover Steam Vac leaks

I've had this 6-brush unit for several years. Now it has started
leading fluid. Sitting at rest with fluid in the tank, the stuff just
runs out the bottom as though I were pressing the trigger.

Any suggestions fix for this appreciated. I live near Hoover repair
shop, but would like to try fixing it myself first, if possible.

DH in Denver

Junior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorsey Hudson
I've had this 6-brush unit for several years. Now it has started
leading fluid. Sitting at rest with fluid in the tank, the stuff just
runs out the bottom as though I were pressing the trigger.

Any suggestions fix for this appreciated. I live near Hoover repair
shop, but would like to try fixing it myself first, if possible.

DH in Denver
I have one that leaked and what I had found out is there is a little rubber seal on the vac where you put the bucket with warm water had been removed (by my 4 year old son) and it leaked due to the fact that the water was being released but instead of going through the machine like it was supposed to it just ran onto the floor. It cost me $3.00 to replace that little part. hope this helps katiebug