Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Armstrong self stick tiles are moving

Eventually, the glue will completely cure and the tiles will be adhered permanently, but you do need to make sure they are in the position you wish them to be in when that happens! I am planning on doing a larger room, over vinyl also, and have had the experience you are having in a past project. With this new project, I am going to use a staple gun on the last course of tiles, beneath where the trim strip will be installed, with the thought that if that last course is held in place, all other courses will not be able to move. For tiles that did move in a prior project, I am going to hit them with a heat-gun to soften the glue, and then press them back where they belong.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Wednesday, September 13, 2017 at 1:47:14 PM UTC-5, wrote:
Eventually, the glue will completely cure and the tiles will be adhered permanently, but you do need to make sure they are in the position you wish them to be in when that happens! I am planning on doing a larger room, over vinyl also, and have had the experience you are having in a past project. With this new project, I am going to use a staple gun on the last course of tiles, beneath where the trim strip will be installed, with the thought that if that last course is held in place, all other courses will not be able to move. For tiles that did move in a prior project, I am going to hit them with a heat-gun to soften the glue, and then press them back where they belong.

It's been 15 years since Rick posted about his problem. He got tired of waiting and removed all the tiles. He then glued down a layer of gerbil skins which are soft and warm on his feet in the winter months. All he has to do is vacuum the gerbil floor every now and then. ヽ(ヅ)ノ

[8~{} Uncle Fuzzy Monster
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Wed, 13 Sep 2017 12:09:00 -0700 (PDT), Uncle Monster
wrote:

[...]

Don't use gerbil hides. For the love of mankind. This method harkens
back to the day when carpets were hand sewn together. You risk a
serious threat of hair and string wrapping around the power header.

Ya'll been warned.