Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Self-stick vinyl tiles on wall

In HomeDepot, I saw there are a variety of vinyl flooring tiles with
self-sticky adhesive on the back. We can just peel and press on. I wonder if
they are suitable for use on bathroom wall around vanity. It's hard for me
to DIY with ceramic tiles, but I think the vinyl tiles should be easy to
handle, a few 12x12 pieces can cover around vanity. Need some advice.

Thanks.

John

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Apr 28, 9:22 pm, "John61" wrote:
In HomeDepot, I saw there are a variety of vinyl flooring tiles with
self-sticky adhesive on the back. We can just peel and press on. I wonder if
they are suitable for use on bathroom wall around vanity. It's hard for me
to DIY with ceramic tiles, but I think the vinyl tiles should be easy to
handle, a few 12x12 pieces can cover around vanity. Need some advice.

Thanks.

John

Best to glue them down anyway, in addition to the glue that is on
them.

I prefer to use a continuous sheet of vinyl in a bath area, because
water can get in the grooves between the tiles and cause them to curl
and fail.

JK
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Apr 28, 9:22*pm, "John61" wrote:
In HomeDepot, I saw there are a variety of vinyl flooring tiles with
self-sticky adhesive on the back. We can just peel and press on. I wonder if
they are suitable for use on bathroom wall around vanity. It's hard for me
to DIY with ceramic tiles, but I think the vinyl tiles should be easy to
handle, a few 12x12 pieces can cover around vanity. Need some advice.

Thanks.

John

Some you must use a roller on it ,or the warranty is voided, Read the
warranty, A roller breaks a 2 part epoxy glue to start working
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Apr 28, 9:22*pm, "John61" wrote:
In HomeDepot, I saw there are a variety of vinyl flooring tiles with
self-sticky adhesive on the back. We can just peel and press on. I wonder if
they are suitable for use on bathroom wall around vanity. It's hard for me
to DIY with ceramic tiles, but I think the vinyl tiles should be easy to
handle, a few 12x12 pieces can cover around vanity. Need some advice.

Thanks.

John

Do you mean shower area, or vanity sink area

Posted to alt.home.repair

"John61" wrote in message
In HomeDepot, I saw there are a variety of vinyl flooring tiles with
self-sticky adhesive on the back. We can just peel and press on. I wonder
if they are suitable for use on bathroom wall around vanity. It's hard for
me to DIY with ceramic tiles, but I think the vinyl tiles should be easy
to handle, a few 12x12 pieces can cover around vanity. Need some advice.

Thanks.

If the wall surfaces are well cleaned the tiles will stick very well. Don't
be tempted to use another glue in addition to the glue that is on the tiles
as they may or may not be compatible. I was the victim of such a practice
and it litterally took years for the the two glues to cure to the point that
they wouldn't move about and this was on a floor. I could have removed the
tiles to get at the other glue but the solvents involved to remove the glue
were such that I didn't want to risk the hazard presented and it would have
rendered the house unliveable for quite a while.
--
Ron P

If we are what we eat then: I'm fast,
cheap and easy

Posted to alt.home.repair

John61 wrote:
In HomeDepot, I saw there are a variety of vinyl flooring tiles with
self-sticky adhesive on the back. We can just peel and press on. I
wonder if they are suitable for use on bathroom wall around vanity.
It's hard for me to DIY with ceramic tiles, but I think the vinyl
tiles should be easy to handle, a few 12x12 pieces can cover around
vanity. Need some advice.

Floor tiles on a wall?

Well, why not.

I remember carpeting the walls in a big-iron computer room (to cut down the
noise). The carpet company thought we were nuts.

Worked swell.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Apr 29, 10:19 am, "HeyBub" wrote:

Floor tiles on a wall?

Well, why not.

Indeed.

I remember carpeting the walls in a big-iron computer room (to cut down the
noise).

OT- I once rented an apartment some rich dude had kept his mistress
in, the carpeting went about 2 feet up the walls; fake fireplace,
white shag and mirrored ceiling in the bedroom. Ordinary outside, the
interior looked like a whorehouse based on Graceland.

When he first showed it to me he says, Now don't pay any attention to
those bullet holes in the door, I'm gonna replace that for you.

Best landlord I ever had.
-----

- gpsman
Posted to alt.home.repair

darcijj had written this in response to
http://www.thestuccocompany.com/main...ll-303579-.htm
:
John, did you try this? I was thinking of doing this in the area around
the bath tub. I laid a vinyl peel & stick floor in my mud room. To keep
the tiles from coming up with the moisture, I put down a vinyl adhesive..
waited until it was tacky.. put down the tile and then caulked the seams..
I was thinking this would work around the bathtub too..

I have a window to go around and cutting around the fixtures would not be
easy for me if I put in a tub surround...

anyway.. just curious if it worked or not..

D.