Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to alt.home.repair
JBI JBI is offline

Default tips for using a glass cutter?

I have been trying to cut some custom sized picture frames from some
spare glass I have. However, trying repeatedly, I can't seem to get the
same results I see in video demos or web instructions that I should.
Seems that I either break the glass while I'm trying to cut it or it's
never breaking the way it should once the mark is made. At first I
thought it was that the cutter was too old as it had been in the outdoor
toolbox for years, so I picked up a brand new one but the same thing
happens. I tried dipping the end in oil (all I had was olive oil) but
same thing. I also don't hear the "paper cutting sound" that the videos
seem to indicate, so something is not right. Before I try going any
further, I'd appreciate any help or suggestions. The cutter I've been
using is identical to the one he

https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon....L._SL1500_.jpg

Thank you!