Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to alt.home.repair,misc.legal,microsoft.public.powerpoint

Default Embed true-type font in Powerpoint custom road sign and stay legal doing it

Can you help with technical and legal background information on how to use
a True-Type copyrighted font correctly with laypeople and printers?

Two areas of concern where I ask advice based on your experience:
1. Technical (how do I embed the TT font in PowerPoint 2007?)
2. Legal (what am I supposed to do for copyright stuff?)

Specifically on the technical, I just want to embed the font into PPT 2007:
A. When I modify a multi-page PowerPoint with custom signs, it looks good.
B. But when I send that PowerPoint to neighbors the fonts are all jumbled.
C. I have "RoadGeek 2005 Series B" TT fonts, but I can't expect them to
load fonts so I just want the font to be embedded inside the the editable
Powerpoint file (where everyone has Powerpoint on either a Mac or Windows).
http://texaphoto.com/fonts/roadgeek-...eries-3-b.html

Specifically on the legal, I just want to be legally correct:
a. This page tries to explain the legal requirements.
https://www.onlinewebfonts.com/downl...1beacfc13bb8b3
b. It says something about "css" notifications as shown below.
Quote:
Using @import CSS directive, put the following line in add to your css
file.(http | https)@import
url(//db.onlinewebfonts.com/c/458cf7aea231a973eb1beacfc13bb8b3?family=Roadgeek+2 005+Series+B);
c. I have no idea what that means in terms of the editable PowerPoint 2007.

In summary, I ask for your advice on two questions.
Q1: How do I embed a TT font into PowerPoint 2007 for others to edit, and,
Q2: What is this "css" legal stuff and I do I comply with it in PPT 2007?

--
Note that PDF is not in the picture, nor are screenshots, as the need is to
edit this Powerpoint 2007 file forever over time as needed by various