Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Is this Ryobi bandsaw good?

I hate to interrrupt the politics with a home repair question, but I
don't know where else to ask.

Do you have experience with and/or how would you describe the Ryobi 9?"
bandsaw:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Ryobi-band-s...AOSwbeJZnuH o
It's for sale not far from me.

How would you compare it with this 3-wheel 12" B&D bandsaw:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/like/1424062...=ps&dispItem=1

If you're curious you can click on the picture and, unlike many times,
the pictures you see will actually be bigger.

I have the second one. I've had it 25+ years, I only use it moderately,
but I'm tired mostly of how hard it is to get the blade on when it comes
off, and slightly bothered that blade stops entirely so easily, that the
blade guide is just slot in a little block of metal, and the short belt
broke today. (That's only $13, but I've been thinking asbou this for a
while. OTOH, I like that the throat is more than 12".

(Today I need to make something to hold my front license plate without
putting holes in the bumper.)
Posted to alt.home.repair

snip

http://www.licenseplatebracketcentra...racket-lineup/