Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to rec.woodworking

Default How do I slow down my ryobi bandsaw

I have the Ryobi vertical bandsaw approximate cost $99. I have a hack
saw style blade 28+- teeth. At the speed the saw moves it doesn't cut
for crap, burns wood, heats up metal. And before I get flamed yes I
know you shouldn't use a 28 tpi blade to cut wood in this thing.
However, I would like to be able to slow down the speed so it operates
more like my portable band saw from Milwaukee. I tried a router speed
control from Harbor Freight, but the band saw must have a soft start
as the speed control didn't work.

Any ideas how to slow this thing down?

Toilet slow, very slow to refill JoeThomas Home Repair 10 November 28th 06 09:14 PM
ryobi bs-360NR bandsaw The Dude on the Corner Woodworking 0 April 25th 06 03:45 AM
TuffTooth vs Timber Wolf bandsaw bandsaw comparision Paul Currie Woodworking 0 January 30th 06 11:17 PM
Ryobi One+ kakakawai UK diy 9 November 27th 05 12:27 PM
RYOBI 6x18 MINI LATHE,Ryobi means quality! [email protected] Woodworking 4 September 7th 05 11:14 PM