Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to alt.home.repair

Default ON TOPIC: Fan only furnace operation

I have a thermostat that allows a setting for fan only, which I wish to
try to try to push some air around during the warm weather. There is no
AC. Furnace is 1960's vintage, and had only two wires to the
thermostat. I added a C wire for the smarter thermostat. If I add a
FAN wire, will the old furnace have a place to hook it up and respond
appropriately?