Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Moderated group

It's obvious that a few people who constantly post O.T. posts, could care less that their posts are unwanted and disruptive.

Is it possible to get this group to be a moderated one ?

Andy
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Monday, July 3, 2017 at 10:30:38 AM UTC-5, Andy wrote:
It's obvious that a few people who constantly post O.T. posts, could care less that their posts are unwanted and disruptive.

Is it possible to get this group to be a moderated one ?

Andy

You can start your own home repair group and call it "alt.andys.home.repair..moderated" and you can be the moderator. Easy! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

[8~{} Uncle Moderated Monster
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 7/3/2017 11:30 AM, Andy wrote:
It's obvious that a few people who constantly post O.T. posts, could care less that their posts are unwanted and disruptive.

Is it possible to get this group to be a moderated one ?

Andy

Trouble with moderated groups is you have to wait for approval. I have
a large k-f for this group but prefer it not moderated.

As Uncle M. points out you can start your own.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 7/3/2017 11:30 AM, Andy wrote:
It's obvious that a few people who constantly post O.T. posts, could care less that their posts are unwanted and disruptive.

Is it possible to get this group to be a moderated one ?

Andy

This had been brought up before. Bad as it is. we don't want a
moderator to be our nanny.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Monday, July 3, 2017 at 8:12:24 PM UTC-5, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
On 7/3/2017 11:30 AM, Andy wrote:
It's obvious that a few people who constantly post O.T. posts, could care less that their posts are unwanted and disruptive.

Is it possible to get this group to be a moderated one ?

Andy

This had been brought up before. Bad as it is. we don't want a
moderator to be our nanny.

You are right.

I will just look as those OT posters as having a sad life where their postings
are their highlight. :-(

Andy

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 7/3/2017 11:30 AM, Andy wrote:
It's obvious that a few people who constantly post O.T. posts, could care less that their posts are unwanted and disruptive.

Is it possible to get this group to be a moderated one ?

Andy

This had been brought up before. Bad as it is. we don't want a
moderator to be our nanny.

You are right.

I will just look as those OT posters as having a sad life where their postings
are their highlight. :-(

Andy

Precisely. Also, one can easily killfile others, even when they change
emails and nyms.

Moderated group thought. Wanda Pangborn Woodworking 136 November 21st 05 04:08 PM
Moderated Group? david lang UK diy 76 October 25th 05 06:37 PM
RFD: rec.woodworking.moderated moderated LRod Woodworking 90 September 17th 04 05:56 PM
Moderated DIY group Kwerty UK diy 1 February 10th 04 05:29 PM
A moderated group! I am everyone on usenet! UK diy 25 February 8th 04 09:32 PM