Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Lawnmower Left Out In The Rain

I left my lawnmower out in a thunderstorm two days ago and now it won't start. It's a Craftsman "Self Propelled" push model with a Honda engine. Any ideas on how I could get it running again?
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Wed, 21 Jun 2017 12:54:47 -0700 (PDT), "Terry S."
wrote:

I left my lawnmower out in a thunderstorm two days ago and now it won't start. It's a Craftsman "Self Propelled" push model with a Honda engine. Any ideas on how I could get it running again?

Sunshine or either?
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

I left my lawnmower out in a thunderstorm two days ago and now it won't start. It's a Craftsman "Self Propelled" push model with a Honda engine. Any ideas on how I could get it running again?

Buy a spray can of starting fluid ($4.00), remove the air filter, open
the choke, spray a quick spritz of the above into the carburetor,
reapply the choke and give it a pull.

Being left out in the rain, two days ago, shouldn't cause the problem
you are experiencing, unless the rain storm was bordering on a flood.

While it is off, check the air filter and make sure it is dry.
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

I left my lawnmower out in a thunderstorm two days ago and now it won't start. It's a Craftsman "Self Propelled" push model with a Honda engine. Any ideas on how I could get it running again?

Sunshine or either?

Sunshine and air. Wet ignition components are likely.
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

I left my lawnmower out in a thunderstorm two days ago and now it won't start.
It's a Craftsman "Self Propelled" push model with a Honda engine.
Any ideas on how I could get it running again?

Craftsman = Sears don't wait too long .. Sears is bankrupt.

Electric start ?

Safety interlocks issue ?

Wet grass clogged ? preventing a proper spin for starting ?

place next 50 wild guesses here

Good luck.
Honda small engines are famous for reliability and starting.
... whether a lawn mower, portable generator, portable sawmill ;
etc

John T.

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

I left my lawnmower out in a thunderstorm two days ago and now it won't start. It's a Craftsman "Self Propelled" push model with a Honda engine. Any ideas on how I could get it running again?

Dump all the gas (and rainwater) out of the tank. Drain the carb. Put
in fresh gas. Might not hurt to set it out in the sun for an hour or
two before refilling. Should start just fine. I've picked quite a few
off the kurb and that's all that was required to get them going (some
almost brand new - - - )
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Wednesday, June 21, 2017 at 3:54:50 PM UTC-4, Terry S. wrote:
I left my lawnmower out in a thunderstorm two days ago and now it won't start. It's a Craftsman "Self Propelled" push model with a Honda engine. Any ideas on how I could get it running again?

UPDATE: I changed the air filter and let the mower dry for a couple of days. That's all it needed....it's now working fine.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sun, 25 Jun 2017 17:36:51 -0700 (PDT), "Terry S."
wrote:

On Wednesday, June 21, 2017 at 3:54:50 PM UTC-4, Terry S. wrote:
I left my lawnmower out in a thunderstorm two days ago and now it won't start. It's a Craftsman "Self Propelled" push model with a Honda engine. Any ideas on how I could get it running again?

UPDATE: I changed the air filter and let the mower dry for a couple of days. That's all it needed....it's now working fine.

Thanks for the update.

Rain, rain go away. Water in basement cln Home Repair 9 December 16th 11 04:59 PM
Pine left out in rain Don Spumey UK diy 2 January 10th 07 07:57 PM
Pine left out in rain 51 UK diy 13 January 9th 07 12:09 AM
747 Lawnmower ?..............Yes, this is real, a flying Lawnmower [email protected] Home Repair 8 July 14th 06 06:22 PM