Jack

Default Drilling big hole in ceramic tile

Hello all,
I need to re-route a dryer vent in the laundry room. I am going through the
floor, and out the band joist. Anyways, there is a 12x12 tile floor in the
way. I would like to be able drill right through it if possible. Of
course, the alternative is breaking out the one tile, then just cutting
through the sub-floor.

Any suggestions ??
Thanks for your time.

Tom

Jack wrote:Hello all,
I need to re-route a dryer vent in the laundry room. I am going through the
floor, and out the band joist. Anyways, there is a 12x12 tile floor in the
way. I would like to be able drill right through it if possible. Of
course, the alternative is breaking out the one tile, then just cutting
through the sub-floor.

Any suggestions ??
Thanks for your time.

Get a glass/tile bit in your drill motor, and one to spare, and have at it.
You'll have to drill a # of holes, then pop out the waste and clean up the
edges. Have fun! Tom
Work at your leisure!

Jack

Is your question how to drill through the tile ?
If so...try using a 1/4 inch masonary drill bit and drill a lot of small
holes in a circle...then tap the tile out with a hammer. If it's in a
place where you can see it get some trim to put around the vent hose. Bob

"Jack" wrote:
Hello all,
I need to re-route a dryer vent in the laundry room. I am going through
the floor, and out the band joist. Anyways, there is a 12x12 tile floor
in the way. I would like to be able drill right through it if possible.
Of course, the alternative is breaking out the one tile, then just
cutting through the sub-floor.

Any suggestions ??
Thanks for your time.

Usenet Newsgroup Service $9.95/Month 30GB