Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Remembering you this day, Scotty

http://vvmf.org/Wall-of-Faces/49017/...N-M-SPAINHOWER

RIP
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Monday, May 29, 2017 at 6:07:11 PM UTC-5, Oren wrote:
http://vvmf.org/Wall-of-Faces/49017/...N-M-SPAINHOWER

RIP

I would hope those guys, my contemporaries who wound up in Vietnam are never forgotten. My older brother came home alive but a lot of young men didn't.. I must wonder what schoolchildren are being taught about the past wars The United States has been involved in and what they think Memorial Day is about except a three day weekend. t(ツ)_/¯

[8~{} Uncle Memorial Monster
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 5/30/17 12:21 AM, Uncle Monster wrote:
On Monday, May 29, 2017 at 6:07:11 PM UTC-5, Oren wrote:
http://vvmf.org/Wall-of-Faces/49017/...N-M-SPAINHOWER
RIP

I would hope those guys, my contemporaries who wound up in Vietnam are never forgotten. My older brother came home alive but a lot of young men didn't. I must wonder what schoolchildren are being taught about the past wars The United States has been involved in and what they think Memorial Day is about except a three day weekend. t(ツ)_/¯
[8~{} Uncle Memorial Monster

I was wondering, yesterday, how many services were like the ones
I attended. It was next to a dying town with a cemetery and maybe four
houses left. The people conducting the ceremony were mostly gray
headed.
There were about four kids who took turns to read. I bet they are
kids or grand kids of the Legionnaires. The poem Flanders Fields is
always recited.
The Legionnaires aren't fleet of foot anymore. I don't know how
many there are all together but it's the same guys firing the salute
etc. every year.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Tuesday, May 30, 2017 at 7:10:35 AM UTC-5, Dean Hoffman wrote:
[...]

I remember back in the mid 1960's, WWII was 20 years in the past and my parents who served in the US Army at the time and the men who were veterans of the war were considered to be old people to us kids. Vietnam war vets must be thought to be ancient to children of today. I was just thinking that The Gulf War was 26 years ago. I'm afraid that the next world war will be nuclear and there won't be many people around to mourn the dead. ”Œ( à²*_à²*)”˜

[8~{} Uncle War Monster