Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Remembering you this day, Scotty

On 5/30/17 12:21 AM, Uncle Monster wrote:
On Monday, May 29, 2017 at 6:07:11 PM UTC-5, Oren wrote:
http://vvmf.org/Wall-of-Faces/49017/...N-M-SPAINHOWER
RIP

I would hope those guys, my contemporaries who wound up in Vietnam are never forgotten. My older brother came home alive but a lot of young men didn't. I must wonder what schoolchildren are being taught about the past wars The United States has been involved in and what they think Memorial Day is about except a three day weekend. t(ツ)_/¯
[8~{} Uncle Memorial Monster

I was wondering, yesterday, how many services were like the ones
I attended. It was next to a dying town with a cemetery and maybe four
houses left. The people conducting the ceremony were mostly gray
headed.
There were about four kids who took turns to read. I bet they are
kids or grand kids of the Legionnaires. The poem Flanders Fields is
always recited.
The Legionnaires aren't fleet of foot anymore. I don't know how
many there are all together but it's the same guys firing the salute
etc. every year.