Posted to alt.home.repair

Default New faucet - water doesn't splash

Here is a photo of my new tub faucet turned on. Usually, the previous
faucets I've had for the tub made some splash when it was filling the
tub with water, but this one doesn't make any splash at all. It just
makes a solid looking tube/stream of water and when it hits the water in
the tub there is no splash at all.

So, is it the type of diffuser that's inside the faucet that creates the
no-splash affect? I'm more curious than anything.

https://ibb.co/dT2Oha

--
Maggie
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 27/05/2017 17:02, Muggles wrote:
Here is a photo of my new tub faucet turned on. Usually, the previous
faucets I've had for the tub made some splash when it was filling the
tub with water, but this one doesn't make any splash at all. It just
makes a solid looking tube/stream of water and when it hits the water in
the tub there is no splash at all.

So, is it the type of diffuser that's inside the faucet that creates the
no-splash affect? I'm more curious than anything.

https://ibb.co/dT2Oha

I cannot answer your question, but .....

That tub looks pretty full to me - especially if you intend getting into
it! ;-)

--
"Do something wonderful, people may imitate it." (Albert Schweitzer)

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 5/27/2017 9:02 AM, Muggles wrote:
Here is a photo of my new tub faucet turned on. Usually, the previous
faucets I've had for the tub made some splash when it was filling the
tub with water, but this one doesn't make any splash at all. It just
makes a solid looking tube/stream of water and when it hits the water in
the tub there is no splash at all.

So, is it the type of diffuser that's inside the faucet that creates the
no-splash affect? I'm more curious than anything.

https://ibb.co/dT2Oha

It looks to me that the water flow is much slower than your old tub faucet.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 5/27/2017 12:02 PM, Muggles wrote:
Here is a photo of my new tub faucet turned on. Usually, the previous
faucets I've had for the tub made some splash when it was filling the
tub with water, but this one doesn't make any splash at all. It just
makes a solid looking tube/stream of water and when it hits the water in
the tub there is no splash at all.

So, is it the type of diffuser that's inside the faucet that creates the
no-splash affect? I'm more curious than anything.

https://ibb.co/dT2Oha

It appears it's ready to overflow...better shut it off.

This is merely a guess.... type of aerator and higher velocity are
usually the main culprits in a splash. The new flow reducing faucets
have less velocity than before and the the aerators offer a smoother
flow. Also take into consideration the distance between faucet and sink.
The closer it is the less splash.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 5/27/2017 11:10 AM, Taxed and Spent wrote:
On 5/27/2017 9:02 AM, Muggles wrote:
Here is a photo of my new tub faucet turned on. Usually, the previous
faucets I've had for the tub made some splash when it was filling the
tub with water, but this one doesn't make any splash at all. It just
makes a solid looking tube/stream of water and when it hits the water in
the tub there is no splash at all.

So, is it the type of diffuser that's inside the faucet that creates the
no-splash affect? I'm more curious than anything.

https://ibb.co/dT2Oha

It looks to me that the water flow is much slower than your old tub faucet.

hmm I've turned it on full force and just barely on, and still no splash.

--
Maggie

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 5/27/2017 11:13 AM, Meanie wrote:
On 5/27/2017 12:02 PM, Muggles wrote:
Here is a photo of my new tub faucet turned on. Usually, the previous
faucets I've had for the tub made some splash when it was filling the
tub with water, but this one doesn't make any splash at all. It just
makes a solid looking tube/stream of water and when it hits the water in
the tub there is no splash at all.

So, is it the type of diffuser that's inside the faucet that creates the
no-splash affect? I'm more curious than anything.

https://ibb.co/dT2Oha

It appears it's ready to overflow...better shut it off.

I did turn it off! LOL I thought it would make a better picture for
comparison is I let it fill closer to the top.

This is merely a guess.... type of aerator and higher velocity are
usually the main culprits in a splash. The new flow reducing faucets
have less velocity than before and the the aerators offer a smoother
flow. Also take into consideration the distance between faucet and sink.
The closer it is the less splash.

hmm I don't get any splash when the water is low, either. The only
time I was able to make it splash any at all was when I interrupted the
water flow by touching it and letting it run over my hand briefly. Then
it didn't really splash much, but made air bubbles in the top of the
water that dissipated within a few seconds.

One of the coolest things to watch is the top of the water doesn't even
ripple while the faucet is on! Kind of fascinating.

--
Maggie
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 5/27/2017 11:46 AM, Wayne Boatwright wrote:
On Sat 27 May 2017 09:02:06a, Muggles told us...

Here is a photo of my new tub faucet turned on. Usually, the
previous faucets I've had for the tub made some splash when it was
filling the tub with water, but this one doesn't make any splash
at all. It just makes a solid looking tube/stream of water and
when it hits the water in the tub there is no splash at all.

So, is it the type of diffuser that's inside the faucet that
creates the no-splash affect? I'm more curious than anything.

https://ibb.co/dT2Oha

I would like it if it didn't splash. It can be messy.

yeah, but it sure is a problem when I want a bubble bath!

--
Maggie
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 5/27/2017 10:06 AM, Muggles wrote:
On 5/27/2017 11:46 AM, Wayne Boatwright wrote:
On Sat 27 May 2017 09:02:06a, Muggles told us...

Here is a photo of my new tub faucet turned on. Usually, the
previous faucets I've had for the tub made some splash when it was
filling the tub with water, but this one doesn't make any splash
at all. It just makes a solid looking tube/stream of water and
when it hits the water in the tub there is no splash at all.

So, is it the type of diffuser that's inside the faucet that
creates the no-splash affect? I'm more curious than anything.

https://ibb.co/dT2Oha

I would like it if it didn't splash. It can be messy.

yeah, but it sure is a problem when I want a bubble bath!

no problem!

https://www.webstaurantstore.com/war...929WSBPPW.html
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 5/27/2017 12:18 PM, Taxed and Spent wrote:
On 5/27/2017 10:06 AM, Muggles wrote:
On 5/27/2017 11:46 AM, Wayne Boatwright wrote:
On Sat 27 May 2017 09:02:06a, Muggles told us...

Here is a photo of my new tub faucet turned on. Usually, the
previous faucets I've had for the tub made some splash when it was
filling the tub with water, but this one doesn't make any splash
at all. It just makes a solid looking tube/stream of water and
when it hits the water in the tub there is no splash at all.

So, is it the type of diffuser that's inside the faucet that
creates the no-splash affect? I'm more curious than anything.

https://ibb.co/dT2Oha

I would like it if it didn't splash. It can be messy.

yeah, but it sure is a problem when I want a bubble bath!

no problem!

https://www.webstaurantstore.com/war...929WSBPPW.html

LOL

--
Maggie

water cooler, water coolers, water dispenser, water dispensers,bottleless water cooler,bottleless water coolers,bottleless water dispenser,bottleless water dispensers water coolers UK diy 3 January 5th 06 08:23 PM
Back splash Tile GoHabsGo Home Repair 1 December 6th 05 06:27 PM
caulking a splash guard counter thing.... scale Home Repair 6 November 12th 05 10:02 PM
Toilet splash block Marc Wolfe Home Repair 0 March 13th 05 03:52 PM
tiling a back splash Eric and Megan Swope Home Repair 5 March 7th 05 09:26 PM