Posted to alt.home.repair

Default USPS new service-- informed delivery

We get our mail late in the day, but now I know what is coming with a
new free service from USPS
https://informeddelivery.usps.com/box/pages/intro/faq

They send you an email in the morning showing what is in your delivery
for the day. No more trips to the box in the rain to find you only have
a piece of junk mail.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 05/23/2017 10:45 AM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
We get our mail late in the day, but now I know what is coming with a
new free service from USPS
https://informeddelivery.usps.com/box/pages/intro/faq

They send you an email in the morning showing what is in your delivery
for the day. No more trips to the box in the rain to find you only have
a piece of junk mail.

Then you could use a service that transfers your mail the recycling
container.

BTW, curbside recycling here is on Thursday. Sometimes it's picked up
later in the afternoon (AFTER mail delivery). In that case, most of my
mail that day never enters the house.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 5/23/2017 11:57 AM, notX wrote:
On 05/23/2017 10:45 AM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
We get our mail late in the day, but now I know what is coming with a
new free service from USPS
https://informeddelivery.usps.com/box/pages/intro/faq

They send you an email in the morning showing what is in your delivery
for the day. No more trips to the box in the rain to find you only
have a piece of junk mail.

Then you could use a service that transfers your mail the recycling
container.

BTW, curbside recycling here is on Thursday. Sometimes it's picked up
later in the afternoon (AFTER mail delivery). In that case, most of my
mail that day never enters the house.

Junk mail is what keeps USPS most active. I hate all that lose crap
often disguising real mail.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 5/23/2017 8:45 AM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
We get our mail late in the day, but now I know what is coming with a
new free service from USPS
https://informeddelivery.usps.com/box/pages/intro/faq

They send you an email in the morning showing what is in your delivery
for the day. No more trips to the box in the rain to find you only have
a piece of junk mail.

I have been using this. The best part: when you put your mail on hold,
you still get daily e-mails for that day, so you can see if anything
that might be urgent is waiting for you.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 05/23/2017 09:43 AM, Frank wrote:
On 5/23/2017 11:57 AM, notX wrote:
On 05/23/2017 10:45 AM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
We get our mail late in the day, but now I know what is coming with a
new free service from USPS
https://informeddelivery.usps.com/box/pages/intro/faq

They send you an email in the morning showing what is in your
delivery for the day. No more trips to the box in the rain to find
you only have a piece of junk mail.

Then you could use a service that transfers your mail the recycling
container.

BTW, curbside recycling here is on Thursday. Sometimes it's picked up
later in the afternoon (AFTER mail delivery). In that case, most of my
mail that day never enters the house.

Junk mail is what keeps USPS most active. I hate all that lose crap
often disguising real mail.

Hi Frank,

You are look at this all wrong. You want as much junk
mail as possible. Makes for great free fuel your wood
burning stove. Heat your house for free!

:-)

-T

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 5/23/2017 7:31 PM, T wrote:
[...]

Fine if just newsprint but slick colored paper is high ash because of
calcium carbonate filler and metalized pigments.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 5/23/2017 11:45 AM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
We get our mail late in the day, but now I know what is coming with a new free service from USPS
https://informeddelivery.usps.com/box/pages/intro/faq

They send you an email in the morning showing what is in your delivery for the day. No more trips to the box in the rain to find you only have a piece of junk mail.

Amazing! President Trump is fixing the post office too.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 05/23/2017 06:56 PM, Frank wrote:

[snip]

Fine if just newsprint but slick colored paper is high ash because of
calcium carbonate filler and metalized pigments.

I've gotten a LED flashlight that worked (although not very well) in
junk mail. Other things in junk mail include toenail clippers, a fake
car key (it was a crappy LED flashlight), money (usually coins but there
were a couple of $2 bills), and OVER THIRTY 2017 calendars.

--
Mark Lloyd
http://notstupid.us/

"It is scandalous that any modern, intelligent, well- educated person
should believe in Christianity." [Delos B. McKown, Ph.D., U.S.
professor, philosopher, author, Former clergyman]
Posted to alt.home.repair

"Ed Pawlowski" wrote in message
We get our mail late in the day, but now I know what is coming with a new
free service from USPS
https://informeddelivery.usps.com/box/pages/intro/faq

They send you an email in the morning showing what is in your delivery for
the day. No more trips to the box in the rain to find you only have a
piece of junk mail.

After 50 years of sending the images to the NSA now we get to see them.

I'll just wait and pull the bills and junk from the box at my door.

How come I never get any money in the mail?

My mail is always is always people/business/government that want money from
me.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 05/23/2017 05:31 PM, T wrote:
[...]

All the junk mail lately has been political stuff for the special
election. Thank the gods it's over on the 25. The **** is glossy card
stock and burns poorly.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 5/23/2017 10:45 AM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
We get our mail late in the day, but now I know what is coming with a
new free service from USPS
https://informeddelivery.usps.com/box/pages/intro/faq

They send you an email in the morning showing what is in your delivery
for the day. No more trips to the box in the rain to find you only have
a piece of junk mail.

I signed up.... amazing the questions they asked to verify it was
me... they know more about me than I do. So now I'll be able to see the
AARP, Hearing aid and funeral insurance mail before it arrives.
What a deal!
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 5/23/2017 9:18 PM, Mark Lloyd wrote:
On 05/23/2017 06:56 PM, Frank wrote:

[snip]

Fine if just newsprint but slick colored paper is high ash because of
calcium carbonate filler and metalized pigments.

I've gotten a LED flashlight that worked (although not very well) in
junk mail. Other things in junk mail include toenail clippers, a fake
car key (it was a crappy LED flashlight), money (usually coins but there
were a couple of $2 bills), and OVER THIRTY 2017 calendars.

You're lucky. Wife had a hard time this year getting free calendars.
We do get tons of address labs, an occasional note pad and as much as $1.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 5/24/2017 4:46 PM, My 2 Cents wrote:
On 5/23/2017 10:45 AM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
We get our mail late in the day, but now I know what is coming with a
new free service from USPS
https://informeddelivery.usps.com/box/pages/intro/faq

They send you an email in the morning showing what is in your delivery
for the day. No more trips to the box in the rain to find you only have
a piece of junk mail.

I signed up.... amazing the questions they asked to verify it was
me... they know more about me than I do. So now I'll be able to see the
AARP, Hearing aid and funeral insurance mail before it arrives.
What a deal!

We get a lot of old people mail too, because we are old people.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 5/24/2017 6:38 PM, Frank wrote:

I signed up.... amazing the questions they asked to verify it was
me... they know more about me than I do. So now I'll be able to see
the AARP, Hearing aid and funeral insurance mail before it arrives.
What a deal!

We get a lot of old people mail too, because we are old people.

When I was nearing 65, every day there was mail for health insurance,
life insurance, hearing aid, more health insurance. I knew what I
wanted and was already signed up so it got tossed.

One day I decided to open one of the envelopes. It was the third and
final notice about my pension where I worked from '63 to '70 and the
company was decades out of business. It was not a ton of money, but
better in my pocket.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Frank "frank news May 2017 22:38:29 GMT in alt.home.repair, wrote:

On 5/24/2017 4:46 PM, My 2 Cents wrote:
On 5/23/2017 10:45 AM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
We get our mail late in the day, but now I know what is coming
with a new free service from USPS
https://informeddelivery.usps.com/box/pages/intro/faq

They send you an email in the morning showing what is in your
delivery for the day. No more trips to the box in the rain to
find you only have a piece of junk mail.

I signed up.... amazing the questions they asked to verify it
was
me... they know more about me than I do. So now I'll be able to
see the AARP, Hearing aid and funeral insurance mail before it
arrives.
What a deal!

We get a lot of old people mail too, because we are old people.

That makes sense...

--
Nope, I can't go to hell.
Satan still has a restraining order against me.