Posted to alt.home.repair
rbowman rbowman is offline

Default USPS new service-- informed delivery

On 05/23/2017 05:31 PM, T wrote:
On 05/23/2017 09:43 AM, Frank wrote:
On 5/23/2017 11:57 AM, notX wrote:
On 05/23/2017 10:45 AM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
We get our mail late in the day, but now I know what is coming with
a new free service from USPS
https://informeddelivery.usps.com/box/pages/intro/faq

They send you an email in the morning showing what is in your
delivery for the day. No more trips to the box in the rain to find
you only have a piece of junk mail.

Then you could use a service that transfers your mail the recycling
container.

BTW, curbside recycling here is on Thursday. Sometimes it's picked up
later in the afternoon (AFTER mail delivery). In that case, most of
my mail that day never enters the house.

Junk mail is what keeps USPS most active. I hate all that lose crap
often disguising real mail.

Hi Frank,

You are look at this all wrong. You want as much junk
mail as possible. Makes for great free fuel your wood
burning stove. Heat your house for free!

All the junk mail lately has been political stuff for the special
election. Thank the gods it's over on the 25. The **** is glossy card
stock and burns poorly.