Posted to alt.home.repair

Default GOP: Quit Whining and Get Something Done

The GOP has the Presidency, House and Senate.
Get the job done!
The filibuster rules should be abolished. No excuse there.
You might as well quit blaming the Dems for your inaction.
And stop your whining about people knocking Trump.
Of course they'll naturally do that.
It doesn't matter! You've got it all!
So get 'er done. Whatever it is you're going to do.
And quit your ****ing whining!
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 5/14/2017 11:27 AM, Kurt V. Ullman wrote:
On 5/14/17 1:25 PM, Ralph Mowery wrote:
In article ,
says...

The GOP has the Presidency, House and Senate.
Get the job done!
The filibuster rules should be abolished. No excuse there.
You might as well quit blaming the Dems for your inaction.
And stop your whining about people knocking Trump.
Of course they'll naturally do that.
It doesn't matter! You've got it all!
So get 'er done. Whatever it is you're going to do.
And quit your ****ing whining!

I agree, the filibuster should be abolished. All it does is waste time.
Most of the time I am not if our elected congress has the mental ability
of some 6 year olds.

My problem with getting rid of the filibuster is three fold. (1). I am
no more a fan of the tyranny of the minority as tyranny of the majority.
(2). The filibuster made it important sometimes to work across the aisle
and at least pretend you were listening to the other side. (3). If you
only need a majority in the Senate to do your work, we will lose
stability because things could be flipped around every 4-8 years so
planning for almost anything (in any arena) would be much harder.

When they're filibustering, they ain't working.
Dock everyone's pay, including those not present, during the filibuster.
And maybe bill representatives for the total cost of government
wasted while they're acting like spoiled two-year-olds.

What would you do if your kids acted that way?
I have fond memories of being spanked when I misbehaved.
And I'm better for it...
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sun, 14 May 2017 13:25:25 -0700, mike wrote:

When they're filibustering, they ain't working.
Dock everyone's pay, including those not present, during the filibuster.
And maybe bill representatives for the total cost of government
wasted while they're acting like spoiled two-year-olds.

That's a damn good idea! However, what are the odds these idiots would propose, vote on and send that kind
of legislation to the POTUS for signing? After all, these are the same idiots that are in charge of their
own pay raises.

What would you do if your kids acted that way?
I have fond memories of being spanked when I misbehaved.
And I'm better for it...

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 5/14/2017 1:38 PM, Gordon Shumway wrote:
On Sun, 14 May 2017 13:25:25 -0700, mike wrote:

When they're filibustering, they ain't working.
Dock everyone's pay, including those not present, during the filibuster.
And maybe bill representatives for the total cost of government
wasted while they're acting like spoiled two-year-olds.

That's a damn good idea! However, what are the odds these idiots would propose, vote on and send that kind
of legislation to the POTUS for signing? After all, these are the same idiots that are in charge of their
own pay raises.

That's the problem with government. It regulates itself.
Maybe you don't have to outlaw it.
Maybe charge by the minute for speaking. Change the rules so that an
issue gets
limited time at the podium unless 100% of BOTH house and senate are
present.
And lock the doors until it's done.
Perhaps POTUS could tweet about it and write another executive order ;-)

I have several people who call me at the first sign of a technical
issue and waste hours of my time trying to determine exactly what
they have and what they want to be different.
I discovered that if I forced them to send me an email clearly defining
the problem, their desired outcome and what they've done so far to
address it,
I get fewer calls.
Merely stating the problem concisely and deciding what you really want
leads them to their own solution.

It takes me hours to post to a newsgroup because I do that myself.
I write many posts that I never send because, by describing it clearly,
I resolve it.

Same could apply to congress. If you disagree, spell it out concisely
with bullets and your proposed solution for each. Compare bullets
and produce an outcome. Filibustering should be a capital offense.
Best possible outcome is delay.