Posted to alt.home.repair
Kurt V. Ullman Kurt V. Ullman is offline

Default GOP: Quit Whining and Get Something Done

On 5/14/17 1:25 PM, Ralph Mowery wrote:
In article ,
says...

The GOP has the Presidency, House and Senate.
Get the job done!
The filibuster rules should be abolished. No excuse there.
You might as well quit blaming the Dems for your inaction.
And stop your whining about people knocking Trump.
Of course they'll naturally do that.
It doesn't matter! You've got it all!
So get 'er done. Whatever it is you're going to do.
And quit your ****ing whining!

I agree, the filibuster should be abolished. All it does is waste time.
Most of the time I am not if our elected congress has the mental ability
of some 6 year olds.

My problem with getting rid of the filibuster is three fold. (1). I am
no more a fan of the tyranny of the minority as tyranny of the majority.
(2). The filibuster made it important sometimes to work across the aisle
and at least pretend you were listening to the other side. (3). If you
only need a majority in the Senate to do your work, we will lose
stability because things could be flipped around every 4-8 years so
planning for almost anything (in any arena) would be much harder.