Posted to alt.home.repair

Default shower faucet

my bathroom shower only seems to get hot when I turn the handle much further
than I used to. I know that I dont have a hot water problem. is it possible i
have to try and tighten the small opening on the bottom of the handle?

--
for full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/mainte...t-1130966-.htm

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 05/03/2017 01:14 PM, john mazzarini wrote:
my bathroom shower only seems to get hot when I turn the handle much
further
than I used to. I know that I dont have a hot water problem. is it
possible i
have to try and tighten the small opening on the bottom of the handle?

If it's loose, might as well tighten it

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 5/3/2017 2:14 PM, john mazzarini wrote:
my bathroom shower only seems to get hot when I turn the handle much
further
than I used to. I know that I dont have a hot water problem. is it
possible i
have to try and tighten the small opening on the bottom of the handle?

If water heater is electric, it is possible one element has failed.
Posted to alt.home.repair

Frank wrote:
On 5/3/2017 2:14 PM, john mazzarini wrote:
my bathroom shower only seems to get hot when I turn the handle much
further
than I used to. I know that I dont have a hot water problem. is it
possible i
have to try and tighten the small opening on the bottom of the handle?

If water heater is electric, it is possible one element has failed.

I had my *gas* h.w. heater on low setting for safety and efficiency.
After 5 or 6 years, it started not providing as much hot water (rather
like the OP's problem). Incrementing the setting to a higher
temperature made everyone happy... Even though I have a water purifier,
I suspect that the issue, at least in my case, is related to calcium
buildup.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 5/3/2017 2:14 PM, john mazzarini wrote:
my bathroom shower only seems to get hot when I turn the handle much
further
than I used to. I know that I dont have a hot water problem. is it
possible i
have to try and tighten the small opening on the bottom of the handle?

I had a similar problem. It was cooler at the same spot I position the
handle. I discovered the wife reduced the temp on the water heater. Damn
woman.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 05/03/2017 06:01 PM, Meanie wrote:
On 5/3/2017 2:14 PM, john mazzarini wrote:
my bathroom shower only seems to get hot when I turn the handle much
further
than I used to. I know that I dont have a hot water problem. is it
possible i
have to try and tighten the small opening on the bottom of the handle?

I had a similar problem. It was cooler at the same spot I position the
handle. I discovered the wife reduced the temp on the water heater. Damn
woman.

Just remembered something.

After many years of use I had to turn the heat setting up slightly
because the heater was not getting quite as hot. Might have been a build
up of calcium on the inside. It only needed a slight increase and I
think I still have it a bit below the recommended "normal" setting.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 5/3/2017 3:55 PM, Bill wrote:
Frank wrote:
On 5/3/2017 2:14 PM, john mazzarini wrote:
my bathroom shower only seems to get hot when I turn the handle much
further
than I used to. I know that I dont have a hot water problem. is it
possible i
have to try and tighten the small opening on the bottom of the handle?

If water heater is electric, it is possible one element has failed.

I had my *gas* h.w. heater on low setting for safety and efficiency.
After 5 or 6 years, it started not providing as much hot water (rather
like the OP's problem). Incrementing the setting to a higher
temperature made everyone happy... Even though I have a water purifier,
I suspect that the issue, at least in my case, is related to calcium
buildup.

Now you have me thinking. I needed a new tank a few months ago as old
was leaking. Water is hotter/set hotter but now wondering if the old
one had not gradually decreased heat with age due to build up and we did
not notice it.
Posted to alt.home.repair

Frank wrote:
On 5/3/2017 3:55 PM, Bill wrote:
Frank wrote:
[...]

If you have a lot of calcium in your water, then this is most certainly
true (unless you "flush" them periodically). I watched one being
flushed once, and an "amazing" amount of calcium came out. That one did
not have a water softener in front of it, as the one I have at my
location now does. Good luck with your new hot water heater!

Bill
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Thursday, May 4, 2017 at 6:35:34 AM UTC-7, Bill wrote:
Frank wrote:
On 5/3/2017 3:55 PM, Bill wrote:
Frank wrote:
[...]

Flushing the tank should be the last thing you do before replacing it.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 5/4/2017 9:34 AM, Bill wrote:
Frank wrote:
On 5/3/2017 3:55 PM, Bill wrote:
Frank wrote:
[...]

I've got well water with only a sediment filter. Water was analyzed and
I felt too borderline to treat. Water is slightly acidic, pH ~6, and
electric water heaters are lucky to last past 7 year warranty. I asked
plumber if it were worth changing anode after a few years and he said he
did not think so. I drain a couple of gallons every now and then but
don't see much sediment.

Mixet shower faucet gary Home Repair 4 July 31st 13 12:46 AM
how to fix Shower faucet pfschmidt Home Repair 0 August 4th 12 01:39 AM
How to remove a Symmons shower faucet TA-25B shower faucet volume control spindle William Brammer Home Repair 3 January 5th 10 07:42 AM
Shower faucet dave Home Repair 2 December 27th 06 04:30 PM
offer shower faucet [email protected] Home Repair 0 August 14th 06 07:04 AM