Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Mixet shower faucet

I have a 40-year-old Mixet Shower Faucet with a temperature-control knob and a volume-control handle which have become very hard to turn.

How can identify what model of faucet I have so I buy the correct parts? What part(s) may need to be replaced?

Posted to alt.home.repair

gary wrote:
I have a 40-year-old Mixet Shower Faucet with a temperature-control knob and a volume-control handle which have become very hard to turn.

Spray teflon (PTFE) lubricant?

How can identify what model of faucet I have so I buy the correct parts? What part(s) may need to be replaced?

--
Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY
Posted to alt.home.repair

If the Spray teflon (PTFE) lubricant doesn't do the trick, how can identify the model of my faucet so I buy the correct parts? What part(s) may need to be replaced?
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Wednesday, July 24, 2013 8:23:25 PM UTC-7, gary wrote:
If the Spray teflon (PTFE) lubricant doesn't do the trick, how can identify the model of my faucet so I buy the correct parts? What part(s) may need to be replaced?

Post a picture of the stem or cartridge or
turn-off the water and take the stem or cartridge
to a plumbing parts supply store that also sells high end
faucets etc.