Posted to alt.home.repair

Default O.T. Cash & Carry vs. Obamacare

On 03/26/2017 08:41 PM, Frank wrote:
On 3/26/2017 7:28 PM, Dean Hoffman wrote:
From the Carpe Diem site written by Mark J. Perry
http://www.aei.org/publication/an-antidote-for-obamacare-cash-only-medicine-with-transparent-pricing-and-no-insurance-the-future-of-medicine/

or http://alturl.com/kkyru

Cash prices compared to paying insurance deductibles.

Once that famous sage, Sen. Ted Kennedy said 40% of medical care goes
to paperwork. That was several years ago but you can bet Obamacare
made it worse.

My former doctor in an office with three others had to hire a full
timer to deal with insurance. I quit him when he went MDVIP and
wanted $1,600/yr up front.

Paper work is generated by insurance companies and severely impacted
by government regulations.

Yah, everything the government touches they **** up. I had to renew my
license plates at the DMV cash grab the other day. Took 1-1/2 hours of
waiting in line just so they could take my $120 and give me a renewal
sticker. Sheeeesh!

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 4/22/2017 8:46 AM, Mike wrote:
On 03/26/2017 08:41 PM, Frank wrote:
On 3/26/2017 7:28 PM, Dean Hoffman wrote:
From the Carpe Diem site written by Mark J. Perry
[...]

Solution is less government. I seriously think half of all government
workers are not needed.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Saturday, April 22, 2017 at 8:46:27 AM UTC-4, Mike wrote:
On 03/26/2017 08:41 PM, Frank wrote:
On 3/26/2017 7:28 PM, Dean Hoffman wrote:
From the Carpe Diem site written by Mark J. Perry
[...]

What kind of primitive state do you live in? I do that online.

Granted, the last time I renewed my driver's license I had to go in to
the office, probably because they wanted a new picture.

Cindy Hamilton
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Saturday, April 22, 2017 at 9:15:49 AM UTC-4, Cindy Hamilton wrote:
On Saturday, April 22, 2017 at 8:46:27 AM UTC-4, Mike wrote:
On 03/26/2017 08:41 PM, Frank wrote:
On 3/26/2017 7:28 PM, Dean Hoffman wrote:
From the Carpe Diem site written by Mark J. Perry
[...]

NJ isn't primitive, but renewing a driver's license can be a pain
in the ass. You have to do it in person, they take a new pic, and
you have to prove who you are via a point system. An old driver's
license is worth a couple points, but it's not enough to meet the
metric. They take passports, SS card, utility bills, tax bills,
etc which having varying point counts. And it's not just having
enough points, you have to have a minimum from certain categories,
eg you can't just us utility bills, tax bills, etc. So far, it's
involved but not real bad right?

The trouble starts when you have slightly different versions of
your name on any of those, eg Robert G. Smith on your driver's
license, but Robert George Smith on your passport. Then they
tell you the passport is no good. I went through this when I
used my social security card, which has Jr on the end of my name.
It's there because my father had the same name, we lived at the
same address when I was growing up, so we just did it as the
only logical way to keep us separated, but it's not on my birth
certificate. I have friends who have had similar problem.
One is over 70, they rejected him because of the letter versus
full name thing.
Including one who has several middle names and the DMV crew spent
half an hour arguing among themselves as to what should go on
his new license. Whatever they put wasn't the whole thing, so
good luck when it comes time to renew that. And people going
through this BS are people like me who have lived in NJ for decades,
had driver's licenses all that time, etc.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Saturday, April 22, 2017 at 11:45:03 AM UTC-4, trader_4 wrote:
On Saturday, April 22, 2017 at 9:15:49 AM UTC-4, Cindy Hamilton wrote:
On Saturday, April 22, 2017 at 8:46:27 AM UTC-4, Mike wrote:
On 03/26/2017 08:41 PM, Frank wrote:
On 3/26/2017 7:28 PM, Dean Hoffman wrote:
From the Carpe Diem site written by Mark J. Perry
[...]

We only have to renew in person every other time (every 8 years).
We can show our old driver's license to prove who we are.

New Jersey is crazy. (My husband was born there.)

Cindy Hamilton

[...]

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sat, 22 Apr 2017 08:44:53 -0700 (PDT)
trader_4 wrote:

On Saturday, April 22, 2017 at 9:15:49 AM UTC-4, Cindy Hamilton wrote:
On Saturday, April 22, 2017 at 8:46:27 AM UTC-4, Mike wrote:
On 03/26/2017 08:41 PM, Frank wrote:
On 3/26/2017 7:28 PM, Dean Hoffman wrote:
From the Carpe Diem site written by Mark J. Perry
[...]

by your own tale..NJ is just barely above third world dictator status.

Cash & Carry Graham.[_5_] UK diy 28 August 11th 14 12:43 PM
OT - Gas Prices. Now I have to carry cash. DerbyDad03 Home Repair 97 September 26th 12 05:45 PM
OT - Obamacare RogerN Metalworking 24 October 16th 10 04:16 PM