Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Ping Philo (open)

I recall that you are a photographer.

Are you familiar or have you used a 3-Axis Gimbals for cameras?

I'm looking for a consumer grade gimbal for a smart phone to do photo
and video stabilization. Reviews are all over they place for the
consumer grade. The reviews make my head hurt :-) Problems with
calibration, etc., etc.

Professional products are cost prohibitive for my purposes. Any input
is appreciated.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sat, 15 Apr 2017 20:02:16 GMT, "Tekkie®"
wrote:

On 15-Apr-2017, Oren wrote:

I recall that you are a photographer.

Are you familiar or have you used a 3-Axis Gimbals for cameras?

I'm looking for a consumer grade gimbal for a smart phone to do photo
and video stabilization. Reviews are all over they place for the
consumer grade. The reviews make my head hurt :-) Problems with
calibration, etc., etc.

Professional products are cost prohibitive for my purposes. Any input
is appreciated.

Just this morning on the new season of Bob Massey the property man on FNC
they discussed realtors using them to visualize the offerings. Maybe that
might be lead (or not).

Bob is local here. I know he mentions drones, but did he say anything
about hand held Gimbals?
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

On 15-Apr-2017, Oren wrote:

I recall that you are a photographer.

Are you familiar or have you used a 3-Axis Gimbals for cameras?

I'm looking for a consumer grade gimbal for a smart phone to do photo
and video stabilization. Reviews are all over they place for the
consumer grade. The reviews make my head hurt :-) Problems with
calibration, etc., etc.

Professional products are cost prohibitive for my purposes. Any input
is appreciated.

Just this morning on the new season of Bob Massey the property man on FNC
they discussed realtors using them to visualize the offerings. Maybe that
might be lead (or not).

Bob is local here. I know he mentions drones, but did he say anything
about hand held Gimbals?

Sorry I know nothing about them but when I checked...wow are they
expensive.

BTW: Though I've been doing photography for over 50 years I'll be the
first to admit that I don't really know anything about it. If I need
special equipment I just build it myself.

I even built my own large format camera by using an old enlarger.
Here is a Calotype I did of my wife

https://www.dropbox.com/s/bx9r99ximb...0MOWA.JPG?dl=0
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sat, 15 Apr 2017 19:38:55 -0500, philo wrote:

Sorry I know nothing about them but when I checked...wow are they
expensive.

Thanks. Professional are expensive. Consumer grade is mixed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RNybV_gUDug

Movie quality video using a gimbal.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XZ-5VvdB1Zw

I'll keep researching :-)

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 04/15/2017 08:40 PM, Oren wrote:
On Sat, 15 Apr 2017 19:38:55 -0500, philo wrote:

Sorry I know nothing about them but when I checked...wow are they
expensive.

Thanks. Professional are expensive. Consumer grade is mixed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RNybV_gUDug

Movie quality video using a gimbal.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XZ-5VvdB1Zw

I'll keep researching :-)

Usually you get what you pay for

good luck

Philo's book -- Coffee Ennui Ed Pawlowski Home Repair 9 May 13th 16 02:10 AM
Hey Philo Terry Coombs[_2_] Home Repair 12 March 17th 16 01:14 AM
Ping..philo WW[_2_] Home Repair 1 January 6th 14 01:19 PM
Philo's "Beyond Science" Question for the day. philo [_2_] Home Repair 64 January 2nd 14 10:24 AM
Performax 22-44 open stand packaging - PING Leon B A R R Y Woodworking 12 January 14th 07 11:37 PM