Mike Fritz

Default Fluorescent Buglight? (Not zapper or CFL)

Do yellow bug light 48" fluorescent tubes exist? If not the actual lamp,
do sleeves exist, like those used on outdoor lamps? (Which are usually
clear.)

I've seem yellow sleeves before, but I can't find them at Lowes, Home
Depot, or the internet.
--Mike
SQLit

"Mike Fritz" wrote in message
k.net...
Do yellow bug light 48" fluorescent tubes exist? If not the actual lamp,
do sleeves exist, like those used on outdoor lamps? (Which are usually
clear.)

I've seem yellow sleeves before, but I can't find them at Lowes, Home
Depot, or the internet.
--Mike

And you not going to. Yes there are several manufactures that make colored
lamps. You do not specify your lamp T-12, T-8 or the new T-6's.
Get to an electrical or lamp supply house. I know Sylvania and Phillips make
them.

Be prepared to buy a case of them. and they are going to be pricey.

Stay away from sleeves, they do not last out of doors.

Mike Fritz

SQLit wrote:
"Mike Fritz" wrote in message
k.net...

Do yellow bug light 48" fluorescent tubes exist? If not the actual lamp,
do sleeves exist, like those used on outdoor lamps? (Which are usually
clear.)

I've seem yellow sleeves before, but I can't find them at Lowes, Home
Depot, or the internet.
--Mike

And you not going to. Yes there are several manufactures that make colored
lamps. You do not specify your lamp T-12, T-8 or the new T-6's.
Get to an electrical or lamp supply house. I know Sylvania and Phillips make
them.

Be prepared to buy a case of them. and they are going to be pricey.

Stay away from sleeves, they do not last out of doors.

Thank You. Isn't it interesting how the market provides bug lamps in
incandescent and CFL form factors for the residential customer, but not
the standard tubes?

I was looking for T-12 BTW.
--Mikr
Don Klipstein

In et, Mike Fritz wrote:
SQLit wrote:
"Mike Fritz" wrote in message
k.net...

[...]

F40/GO, AKA F40T12/GO (40 watt 4-footer)
I think there is also a F20T12/GO 2-footer, although I do not see it in my
Philips catalog. Maybe get a warm white (the low color rendering index
old technology kind of Warm White) and wrap a layer of Roscolox #10 or
other yellow stage lighting filter gel around it.

Be aware that these have reduced light output at temperatures far from
room temperature.

- Don Klipstein )

Fluorescent lighting? Schism Home Repair 13 June 22nd 04 02:00 AM
Fluorescent light capacitor function and failure mode John J. Lee Electronics Repair 9 November 16th 03 03:53 PM
Fluorescent 'bulbs'? Terry Home Repair 6 November 15th 03 12:21 PM
Colour Matching Fluorescent Lamp Rod Hewitt UK diy 3 September 29th 03 04:13 PM