Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Tracking not free at USPS

A few months ago there was a thread that claimed that tracking in the US
postal service was free for any package or letter.

Not so.

It's free with certified mail and some other things but to just send a
letter, it's about $6.50. I think for the same money one can send
certified mail, return reciept, with tracking, but I didn't have any use
for certification or a receipt.

But it's not at all free. And of course not. Otherwise people would be
using it for trivialities.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 3/7/2017 1:54 PM, micky wrote:
A few months ago there was a thread that claimed that tracking in the US
postal service was free for any package or letter.

Not so.

It's free with certified mail and some other things but to just send a
letter, it's about $6.50. I think for the same money one can send
certified mail, return reciept, with tracking, but I didn't have any use
for certification or a receipt.

But it's not at all free. And of course not. Otherwise people would be
using it for trivialities.

I sent a jump drive across the country last week via USPS.
Total cost was $2.67.
This included a tracking number on my receipt.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Tue, 07 Mar 2017 13:54:27 -0500, micky
wrote:

A few months ago there was a thread that claimed that tracking in the US
postal service was free for any package or letter.

Not so.

It's free with certified mail and some other things but to just send a
letter, it's about $6.50. I think for the same money one can send
certified mail, return reciept, with tracking, but I didn't have any use
for certification or a receipt.

But it's not at all free. And of course not. Otherwise people would be
using it for trivialities.

Anything sent priority mail is tracked.