Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Question

I've been getting this message on many of the groceries I buy.

"NON GMO"

Maybe the answer would be better axed elsewhere, but there are many
smart peeps here that would have the answer IMO.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 2/20/17 6:16 PM, Naturous wrote:
I've been getting this message on many of the groceries I buy.

"NON GMO"

Maybe the answer would be better axed elsewhere, but there are many
smart peeps here that would have the answer IMO.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Geneti...ified_organism

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Genetically_modified_food
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Mon, 20 Feb 2017 15:16:04 -0800, Naturous
wrote:

I've been getting this message on many of the groceries I buy.

"NON GMO"

Maybe the answer would be better axed elsewhere, but there are many
smart peeps here that would have the answer IMO.

https://www.nongmoproject.org/gmo-facts/what-is-gmo/

We're all gonna die.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 2/20/2017 5:16 PM, Naturous wrote:
I've been getting this message on many of the groceries I buy.

"NON GMO"

Maybe the answer would be better axed elsewhere, but there are many
smart peeps here that would have the answer IMO.

All you need to know. . . and then some

https://www.nongmoproject.org/gmo-facts/what-is-gmo/
Posted to alt.home.repair

Unquestionably Confused laid this down on his screen :
On 2/20/2017 5:16 PM, Naturous wrote:
I've been getting this message on many of the groceries I buy.

"NON GMO"

Maybe the answer would be better axed elsewhere, but there are many
smart peeps here that would have the answer IMO.

All you need to know. . . and then some

https://www.nongmoproject.org/gmo-facts/what-is-gmo/

Why are these mods being done? What benifit is there?

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Mon, 20 Feb 2017 15:16:04 -0800, Naturous
wrote:

"NON GMO"

No Genetically Modified Organisms. ... or so they say.
This is usually Franken Corn, A corn species genetically modified to
ignore Roundup (herbicide).
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 2/20/2017 6:34 PM, Naturous wrote:
Unquestionably Confused laid this down on his screen :
On 2/20/2017 5:16 PM, Naturous wrote:
I've been getting this message on many of the groceries I buy.

"NON GMO"

Maybe the answer would be better axed elsewhere, but there are many
smart peeps here that would have the answer IMO.

All you need to know. . . and then some

https://www.nongmoproject.org/gmo-facts/what-is-gmo/

Why are these mods being done? What benifit is there?

Answers in Wikipedia url's you were given.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 2/20/2017 6:34 PM, Naturous wrote:
Unquestionably Confused laid this down on his screen :
On 2/20/2017 5:16 PM, Naturous wrote:
I've been getting this message on many of the groceries I buy.

"NON GMO"

Maybe the answer would be better axed elsewhere, but there are many
smart peeps here that would have the answer IMO.

All you need to know. . . and then some

https://www.nongmoproject.org/gmo-facts/what-is-gmo/

Why are these mods being done? What benifit is there?

It always comes down to money. The GMO stuff is done to get better
yields per acre, resist insects or diseases taste better, last longer.

GMO is relatively new, but cross breeding, grafting have been done for
centuries. This takes modification to a new level.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 02/20/2017 05:52 PM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
On 2/20/2017 6:34 PM, Naturous wrote:
Unquestionably Confused laid this down on his screen :
On 2/20/2017 5:16 PM, Naturous wrote:
I've been getting this message on many of the groceries I buy.

"NON GMO"

Maybe the answer would be better axed elsewhere, but there are many
smart peeps here that would have the answer IMO.

All you need to know. . . and then some

https://www.nongmoproject.org/gmo-facts/what-is-gmo/

Why are these mods being done? What benifit is there?

It always comes down to money. The GMO stuff is done to get better
yields per acre, resist insects or diseases taste better, last longer.

GMO is relatively new, but cross breeding, grafting have been done for
centuries. This takes modification to a new level.

Correct. Before GMO plants were certainly heavily modified by selective
breeding. I don't know any of our foods that exist anywhere near their
original form.
Posted to alt.home.repair

In article , says...

On 2/20/2017 6:34 PM, Naturous wrote:
Unquestionably Confused laid this down on his screen :
On 2/20/2017 5:16 PM, Naturous wrote:
I've been getting this message on many of the groceries I buy.

"NON GMO"

Maybe the answer would be better axed elsewhere, but there are many
smart peeps here that would have the answer IMO.

All you need to know. . . and then some

https://www.nongmoproject.org/gmo-facts/what-is-gmo/

Why are these mods being done? What benifit is there?

It always comes down to money. The GMO stuff is done to get better
yields per acre, resist insects or diseases taste better, last longer.

GMO is relatively new, but cross breeding, grafting have been done for
centuries. This takes modification to a new level.

I'm pretty sure Naturous knows all about cross breeding. He may not want
to admit it though.

--
RonNNN

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 2/20/2017 7:18 PM, philo wrote:
[...]

As far as I understand difference over selective breeding is that they
might combine animal or insect DNA with the plant's DNA.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 2/20/17 5:34 PM, Naturous wrote:
Unquestionably Confused laid this down on his screen :
On 2/20/2017 5:16 PM, Naturous wrote:
I've been getting this message on many of the groceries I buy.

"NON GMO"

Maybe the answer would be better axed elsewhere, but there are many
smart peeps here that would have the answer IMO.

All you need to know. . . and then some

https://www.nongmoproject.org/gmo-facts/what-is-gmo/

Why are these mods being done? What benifit is there?

GM corn can resist corn borer. No or less need to spray for
that bug.
Soybeans have been modified to resist the herbicide Roundup. Soybeans
are really
sensitive to any sort of weed killer. They were often weeded by hand.
It was mainly
migrant labor. I'd sometimes see whole families out in fields. It
was more common to
see crews of young guys doing the work. Now it's rare to see anyone
rogueing.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Mon, 20 Feb 2017 15:34:47 -0800, Naturous
wrote:

Unquestionably Confused laid this down on his screen :
On 2/20/2017 5:16 PM, Naturous wrote:
I've been getting this message on many of the groceries I buy.

"NON GMO"

Maybe the answer would be better axed elsewhere, but there are many
smart peeps here that would have the answer IMO.

All you need to know. . . and then some

https://www.nongmoproject.org/gmo-facts/what-is-gmo/

Why are these mods being done? What benifit is there?

All kinds of benefits - like not rotting as easily/quickly, or being
resistant to diseases and pests, or improving the protien content, or
some other nutrient - or not requiring as much nitrogen fertilizer to
grow, or making the plant more drought resistant, or mare hardy
against either extreme heat or cold - just as a few examples of the
most obvious. Hundreds more reasons
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 2017-02-20, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

This takes modification to a new level.

Yeah, one that puts law-suit-happy attorneys on yer tail.

nb
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

I've been getting this message on many of the groceries I buy.

"NON GMO"

Maybe the answer would be better axed elsewhere, but there are many
smart peeps here that would have the answer IMO.

https://www.nongmoproject.org/gmo-facts/what-is-gmo/

We're all gonna die.

As the Buddha said, birth leads to old age, sickness, and death.

Posted to alt.home.repair

RonNNN expressed precisely :
In article , says...

On 2/20/2017 6:34 PM, Naturous wrote:
Unquestionably Confused laid this down on his screen :
On 2/20/2017 5:16 PM, Naturous wrote:
I've been getting this message on many of the groceries I buy.

"NON GMO"

Maybe the answer would be better axed elsewhere, but there are many
smart peeps here that would have the answer IMO.

All you need to know. . . and then some

https://www.nongmoproject.org/gmo-facts/what-is-gmo/

Why are these mods being done? What benifit is there?

It always comes down to money. The GMO stuff is done to get better
yields per acre, resist insects or diseases taste better, last longer.

GMO is relatively new, but cross breeding, grafting have been done for
centuries. This takes modification to a new level.

I'm pretty sure Naturous knows all about cross breeding. He may not want
to admit it though.

Another racist remark by the idiot racist.
Posted to alt.home.repair

on 2/20/2017, supposed :
wrote:

Unquestionably Confused laid this down on his screen :
On 2/20/2017 5:16 PM, Naturous wrote:
I've been getting this message on many of the groceries I buy.

"NON GMO"

Maybe the answer would be better axed elsewhere, but there are many
smart peeps here that would have the answer IMO.

All you need to know. . . and then some

https://www.nongmoproject.org/gmo-facts/what-is-gmo/

Why are these mods being done? What benifit is there?

All kinds of benefits - like not rotting as easily/quickly, or being
resistant to diseases and pests, or improving the protien content, or
some other nutrient - or not requiring as much nitrogen fertilizer to
grow, or making the plant more drought resistant, or mare hardy
against either extreme heat or cold - just as a few examples of the
most obvious. Hundreds more reasons

Thanks to everyone [except the racist ronnnn] for their replies.
Posted to alt.home.repair

Racist?
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 02/20/2017 06:16 PM, Naturous wrote:
I've been getting this message on many of the groceries I buy.

"NON GMO"

Maybe the answer would be better axed elsewhere, but there are many
smart peeps here that would have the answer IMO.

Monsanto et al claim GMOs are totally safe. We all know big corporations
would never put profit over human health.
So go ahead, have a nice big heaping-helping of genetically modified
healthy whole grains.

God bless imazamox and glyphosate. LOL
Posted to alt.home.repair

Naturous wrote:

I've been getting this message on many of the groceries I buy.

"NON GMO"

Maybe the answer would be better axed elsewhere, but there are many
smart peeps here that would have the answer IMO.

As an Indian you should know that...drunk *******.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 02/21/2017 03:46 AM, big ag wrote:
On 02/20/2017 06:16 PM, Naturous wrote:
I've been getting this message on many of the groceries I buy.

"NON GMO"

Maybe the answer would be better axed elsewhere, but there are many
smart peeps here that would have the answer IMO.

Monsanto et al claim GMOs are totally safe. We all know big corporations
would never put profit over human health.
So go ahead, have a nice big heaping-helping of genetically modified
healthy whole grains.

God bless imazamox and glyphosate. LOL

Yep you are absolutely right, no way would I want any of that artificial
man-made junk.

When I bought my house I ripped out all the plastic pipes and put in
real and natural lead pipes.

All that man-made fiberglass went too..put in all real, naturally
occurring asbestos! sheesh

Threw out my fake lab made medications too and only use pure, naturally
occurring arsenic

Then finally, I buy special pure water from France, it's H20 and nothing
else.

Turns out the lake near my house is all made out of chemicals...no way
do I want any of that Di-hydrogen monoxide in my water!
Most people who drink it are dead in less than 100 years!
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Tue, 21 Feb 2017 07:22:01 -0600
philo wrote:

Yep you are absolutely right, no way would I want any of that
artificial man-made junk.

When I bought my house I ripped out all the plastic pipes and put in
real and natural lead pipes.

All that man-made fiberglass went too..put in all real, naturally
occurring asbestos! sheesh

Threw out my fake lab made medications too and only use pure,
naturally occurring arsenic

Then finally, I buy special pure water from France, it's H20 and
nothing else.

Sounds exactly like what you and other democrats think/do.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Monday, February 20, 2017 at 6:52:18 PM UTC-5, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
On 2/20/2017 6:34 PM, Naturous wrote:
Unquestionably Confused laid this down on his screen :
On 2/20/2017 5:16 PM, Naturous wrote:
I've been getting this message on many of the groceries I buy.

"NON GMO"

Maybe the answer would be better axed elsewhere, but there are many
smart peeps here that would have the answer IMO.

All you need to know. . . and then some

https://www.nongmoproject.org/gmo-facts/what-is-gmo/

Why are these mods being done? What benifit is there?

It always comes down to money. The GMO stuff is done to get better
yields per acre, resist insects or diseases taste better, last longer.

GMO is relatively new, but cross breeding, grafting have been done for
centuries. This takes modification to a new level.

One of the first widespread uses was to make crops resistant to
Roundup so that it could be applied to kill weeds, but not the
crop. It is quite remarkable, changing a gene you wind up with
a plant that won't die from a herbicide that easily kills similar
plants.
Posted to alt.home.repair

on 2/21/2017, philo supposed :
[...]

I'm not as rich as you Phil, so imported water is not My drink. I drink
filtered water though, and the label has the various chemicals found in
My filtered water. At $4.00 for a 24 1/2 litre bottle package, it's a
safe and good deal.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 02/21/2017 08:22 AM, philo wrote:
[...]

May I suggest you add some seafood to your diet. It's loaded with
naturally occurring mercury.

Personally, I own stock in BigAg and BigPharma and use the enormous
dividends to buy non-GMO food grown on certified organic farms.

God bless stupid people! Cha-ching!

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 02/21/2017 11:09 AM, Naturous wrote:
on 2/21/2017, philo supposed :
de out of chemicals...no way
do I want any of that Di-hydrogen monoxide in my water!
Most people who drink it are dead in less than 100 years!

I'm not as rich as you Phil, so imported water is not My drink. I drink
filtered water though, and the label has the various chemicals found in
My filtered water. At $4.00 for a 24 1/2 litre bottle package, it's a
safe and good deal.

All kidding aside I am not rich either so on my kitchen sink I put a
drinking water spigot and use one of those filters designed for cold
water on a refrigerator...it lasts longer than those little filters and
in the long run is cheaper.