Posted to alt.home.repair

Default What is the best sponge type for picking up spilled water

What is the best sponge type for picking up spilled water on a vinyl
floor?

I've tried those sponge mops that come with a handle and you squeeze
them to wring out the water. They dont absorb much water.
I tried the small hand sponges as well as the larger ones made for
washing cars. They are made from some sort of foam, and they dont pickup
much water either. What else is there, and what works best? (I have not
tried one of them natural sponges, maybe they are better, but seem hard
to find in the stores).

I know one of those industrial string mops would probably work best, but
in a home, they are kind of big and clumsy. I'd rather have something
smaller, whether it's a mop, or just a hand sponge.

Just to be clear, I'm speaking of cleaning up a few gallons or less.
Such as a toilet or sink overflow, or other spilled water.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Tue, 3 Jan 2017 16:51:21 -0500, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

Look for a fairly big car wash sponge

.... please don't feed the troll

The Cow has now taken on a feminized name. Changes nyms every day.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Tue, 03 Jan 2017 22:38:24 -0000, Oren wrote:

On Tue, 3 Jan 2017 16:51:21 -0500, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

Look for a fairly big car wash sponge

... please don't feed the troll

The Cow has now taken on a feminized name. Changes nyms every day.

Why would a troll ask a question about a sponge?

--
With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion. -- Steven Weinberg
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:
What is the best sponge type for picking up spilled water on a vinyl
floor?

I've tried those sponge mops that come with a handle and you squeeze
them to wring out the water. They dont absorb much water.
I tried the small hand sponges as well as the larger ones made for
washing cars. They are made from some sort of foam, and they dont pickup
much water either. What else is there, and what works best? (I have not
tried one of them natural sponges, maybe they are better, but seem hard
to find in the stores).

I know one of those industrial string mops would probably work best, but
in a home, they are kind of big and clumsy. I'd rather have something
smaller, whether it's a mop, or just a hand sponge.

Just to be clear, I'm speaking of cleaning up a few gallons or less.
Such as a toilet or sink overflow, or other spilled water.

Ones that have a thicker feel to them work for me. I have to be careful to
dry them out, since they decompose to rot and start shedding. Someone gave
me a bunch, so I don't know source.

Greg
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Tuesday, January 3, 2017 at 7:26:51 PM UTC-5, James Wilkinson Sword wrote:
On Tue, 03 Jan 2017 22:38:24 -0000, Oren wrote:

On Tue, 3 Jan 2017 16:51:21 -0500, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

Look for a fairly big car wash sponge

... please don't feed the troll

The Cow has now taken on a feminized name. Changes nyms every day.

Why would a troll ask a question about a sponge?

For the attention. The same reason that you post the crap that you post.
Posted to alt.home.repair

Oren posted for all of us...

On Tue, 3 Jan 2017 16:51:21 -0500, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

Look for a fairly big car wash sponge

... please don't feed the troll

The Cow has now taken on a feminized name. Changes nyms every day.

I drove it off once and I intend to do it again.

Copy headers and send to

--
Tekkie
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Tuesday, January 3, 2017 at 3:09:57 PM UTC-6, wrote:
What is the best sponge type for picking up spilled water on a vinyl
floor?

I've tried those sponge mops that come with a handle and you squeeze
them to wring out the water. They dont absorb much water.
I tried the small hand sponges as well as the larger ones made for
washing cars. They are made from some sort of foam, and they dont pickup
much water either. What else is there, and what works best? (I have not
tried one of them natural sponges, maybe they are better, but seem hard
to find in the stores).

I know one of those industrial string mops would probably work best, but
in a home, they are kind of big and clumsy. I'd rather have something
smaller, whether it's a mop, or just a hand sponge.

Just to be clear, I'm speaking of cleaning up a few gallons or less.
Such as a toilet or sink overflow, or other spilled water.

Yes, we should keep everything here on topic: politics and sex.

Spilled water on fresh grout - what to do? Bryan Scholtes Home Repair 7 February 28th 12 07:34 PM
Can I use a plastic loft-type cold water tank for my solar water heater? MM UK diy 80 June 25th 08 10:25 PM
Sponge bath? Weatherlawyer UK diy 8 January 2nd 07 10:16 PM
changing temp of hot water with water-butler type system El Penguini Home Ownership 0 December 28th 06 05:07 PM
spilled oil Pdk Pdk Home Repair 12 December 10th 06 06:54 PM