DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   What is the best sponge type for picking up spilled water (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/583893-what-best-sponge-type-picking-up-spilled-water.html)

[email protected] January 3rd 17 09:06 PM

What is the best sponge type for picking up spilled water

What is the best sponge type for picking up spilled water on a vinyl
floor?

I've tried those sponge mops that come with a handle and you squeeze
them to wring out the water. They dont absorb much water.
I tried the small hand sponges as well as the larger ones made for
washing cars. They are made from some sort of foam, and they dont pickup
much water either. What else is there, and what works best? (I have not
tried one of them natural sponges, maybe they are better, but seem hard
to find in the stores).

I know one of those industrial string mops would probably work best, but
in a home, they are kind of big and clumsy. I'd rather have something
smaller, whether it's a mop, or just a hand sponge.

Just to be clear, I'm speaking of cleaning up a few gallons or less.
Such as a toilet or sink overflow, or other spilled water.

Ed Pawlowski January 3rd 17 09:51 PM

On 1/3/2017 4:06 PM, wrote:
What is the best sponge type for picking up spilled water on a vinyl
floor?

Just to be clear, I'm speaking of cleaning up a few gallons or less.
Such as a toilet or sink overflow, or other spilled water.

Look for a fairly big car wash sponge

Oren[_2_] January 3rd 17 10:38 PM

On Tue, 3 Jan 2017 16:51:21 -0500, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

Look for a fairly big car wash sponge

.... please don't feed the troll

The Cow has now taken on a feminized name. Changes nyms every day.

James Wilkinson Sword[_4_] January 4th 17 12:26 AM

On Tue, 03 Jan 2017 22:38:24 -0000, Oren wrote:

On Tue, 3 Jan 2017 16:51:21 -0500, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

Look for a fairly big car wash sponge

... please don't feed the troll

The Cow has now taken on a feminized name. Changes nyms every day.

Why would a troll ask a question about a sponge?

--
With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion. -- Steven Weinberg

[email protected] January 4th 17 05:41 AM

On Tue, 03 Jan 2017 15:06:15 -0600, wrote:

What is the best sponge type for picking up spilled water on a vinyl
floor?

I've tried those sponge mops that come with a handle and you squeeze
them to wring out the water. They dont absorb much water.
I tried the small hand sponges as well as the larger ones made for
washing cars. They are made from some sort of foam, and they dont pickup
much water either. What else is there, and what works best? (I have not
tried one of them natural sponges, maybe they are better, but seem hard
to find in the stores).

I know one of those industrial string mops would probably work best, but
in a home, they are kind of big and clumsy. I'd rather have something
smaller, whether it's a mop, or just a hand sponge.

Just to be clear, I'm speaking of cleaning up a few gallons or less.
Such as a toilet or sink overflow, or other spilled water.

It is hard to beat an old towel, the bigger the better. We have a
bunch of beach towels we use for stuff like this.
Once you get up over a gallon you should be looking at a wet dry shop
vac tho.

gregz January 4th 17 09:24 AM

wrote:
What is the best sponge type for picking up spilled water on a vinyl
floor?

I've tried those sponge mops that come with a handle and you squeeze
them to wring out the water. They dont absorb much water.
I tried the small hand sponges as well as the larger ones made for
washing cars. They are made from some sort of foam, and they dont pickup
much water either. What else is there, and what works best? (I have not
tried one of them natural sponges, maybe they are better, but seem hard
to find in the stores).

I know one of those industrial string mops would probably work best, but
in a home, they are kind of big and clumsy. I'd rather have something
smaller, whether it's a mop, or just a hand sponge.

Just to be clear, I'm speaking of cleaning up a few gallons or less.
Such as a toilet or sink overflow, or other spilled water.

Ones that have a thicker feel to them work for me. I have to be careful to
dry them out, since they decompose to rot and start shedding. Someone gave
me a bunch, so I don't know source.

Greg

DerbyDad03 January 4th 17 02:17 PM

On Tuesday, January 3, 2017 at 7:26:51 PM UTC-5, James Wilkinson Sword wrote:
On Tue, 03 Jan 2017 22:38:24 -0000, Oren wrote:

On Tue, 3 Jan 2017 16:51:21 -0500, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

Look for a fairly big car wash sponge

... please don't feed the troll

The Cow has now taken on a feminized name. Changes nyms every day.

Why would a troll ask a question about a sponge?

For the attention. The same reason that you post the crap that you post.

Tekkie® January 5th 17 10:41 PM

What is the best sponge type for picking up spilled water

Oren posted for all of us...

On Tue, 3 Jan 2017 16:51:21 -0500, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

Look for a fairly big car wash sponge

... please don't feed the troll

The Cow has now taken on a feminized name. Changes nyms every day.

I drove it off once and I intend to do it again.

Copy headers and send to

--
Tekkie

[email protected] January 5th 17 10:55 PM

On Tuesday, January 3, 2017 at 3:09:57 PM UTC-6, wrote:
What is the best sponge type for picking up spilled water on a vinyl
floor?

I've tried those sponge mops that come with a handle and you squeeze
them to wring out the water. They dont absorb much water.
I tried the small hand sponges as well as the larger ones made for
washing cars. They are made from some sort of foam, and they dont pickup
much water either. What else is there, and what works best? (I have not
tried one of them natural sponges, maybe they are better, but seem hard
to find in the stores).

I know one of those industrial string mops would probably work best, but
in a home, they are kind of big and clumsy. I'd rather have something
smaller, whether it's a mop, or just a hand sponge.

Just to be clear, I'm speaking of cleaning up a few gallons or less.
Such as a toilet or sink overflow, or other spilled water.

Yes, we should keep everything here on topic: politics and sex.

Shadow January 5th 17 11:08 PM

What is the best sponge type for picking up spilled water

On Tue, 03 Jan 2017 15:06:15 -0600, wrote:

What is the best sponge type for picking up spilled water on a vinyl
floor?

Chamois leather if you are very rich. Trump if you are poor.
They really suck !!!
[]'s
--
Don't be evil - Google 2004