Posted to alt.home.repair

Default EneLoop NiMh Batteries: Precharged ??

The packing says these batteries are "Pre-charged, ready to use".

But when I put them on my SunLabz NiMh charger, they're good for at
least an hour, sometimes more, of charging before the charger deems them
charged.

Am I missing something?

Doing something wrong?
--
Pete Cresswell
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Friday, December 16, 2016 at 2:26:35 PM UTC-8, (PeteCresswell) wrote:
The packing says these batteries are "Pre-charged, ready to use".

But when I put them on my SunLabz NiMh charger, they're good for at
least an hour, sometimes more, of charging before the charger deems them
charged.

Am I missing something?

Doing something wrong?
--
Pete Cresswell

any charge can deplete eventually, i suppose...?

marc
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 12/16/2016 05:26 PM, (PeteCresswell) wrote:

The packing says these batteries are "Pre-charged, ready to use".

But when I put them on my SunLabz NiMh charger, they're good for at
least an hour, sometimes more, of charging before the charger deems them
charged.

Am I missing something?

Doing something wrong?

I think they are charged -- but not fully charged, even when brand new.

And how long does it take the charger to determine the charge state?

Perce

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 12/16/2016 5:26 PM, (PeteCresswell) wrote:
The packing says these batteries are "Pre-charged, ready to use".

But when I put them on my SunLabz NiMh charger, they're good for at
least an hour, sometimes more, of charging before the charger deems them
charged.

Am I missing something?

Doing something wrong?

I thought they lost charge in storage. This reference says it could be
as much as 40% in a month:

http://www.greenbatteries.com/nimh-b...lf%20discharge

Posted to alt.home.repair

Per Percival P. Cassidy:
I think they are charged -- but not fully charged, even when brand new.

And how long does it take the charger to determine the charge state?

The package was a dozen AAA batteries.

2 of them were charged up fully within an hour.

2 of them took more like 2-3 hours.

Four of them are still on the charger after six+ hours.

Four more are still in the box (charger only takes 8 batteries).

Had a similar experience with the four AAA Eneloops I bought a couple
weeks ago.

I am starting to wonder about the charger - although it seems to have
behaved normally for the year or so I have been using it on some AA NiMh
Energizers.
--
Pete Cresswell
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Fri, 16 Dec 2016 21:23:01 -0500, "(PeteCresswell)"
wrote:

Per Percival P. Cassidy:
I think they are charged -- but not fully charged, even when brand new.

And how long does it take the charger to determine the charge state?

The package was a dozen AAA batteries.

2 of them were charged up fully within an hour.

2 of them took more like 2-3 hours.

Four of them are still on the charger after six+ hours.

Four more are still in the box (charger only takes 8 batteries).

Had a similar experience with the four AAA Eneloops I bought a couple
weeks ago.

I am starting to wonder about the charger - although it seems to have
behaved normally for the year or so I have been using it on some AA NiMh
Energizers.

Could be the charger. I've had too many instances of Eneloops that
fail to charge in my Sony chargers. Lost my Eneloop chargers when my
basement flooded. I went to the Sony Cycle Energy batteries and IME
they are better. They hold a charge longer, and take more charges.
None have failed in about 3 years. Better charger too.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Fri, 16 Dec 2016 18:47:03 -0500, Frank "frank wrote:

On 12/16/2016 5:26 PM, (PeteCresswell) wrote:
The packing says these batteries are "Pre-charged, ready to use".

But when I put them on my SunLabz NiMh charger, they're good for at
least an hour, sometimes more, of charging before the charger deems them
charged.

Am I missing something?

I thought they lost charge in storage. This reference says it could be
as much as 40% in a month:
http://www.greenbatteries.com/nimh-b...lf%20discharge

That link is to regular NiMH. The Eneloop batteries hold on to their charge
much longer, but not forever.