Posted to rec.models.rc.air,uk.d-i-y,uk.rec.models.radio-control.air
Mr Fixit

Default bit OT but are NH batteries the same as NiMh ??

as header I have a shaver that has NH on the battery is this the same as a
NiHm battery, as the spare is £14 if you can get one for the sake of one AA
cell

--
Reply Address does work ??

Posted to rec.models.rc.air,uk.d-i-y,uk.rec.models.radio-control.air
Ian Stirling

In uk.d-i-y Mr Fixit wrote:
as header I have a shaver that has NH on the battery is this the same as a
NiHm battery, as the spare is ?14 if you can get one for the sake of one AA
cell

Almost certainly.
The worst that can happen if it's wrong is that it explodes showering
you with hot caustic electrolyte.
Though this is vanishingly unlikely.

Does it give a capacity?
If so, and it's 900mAh, it's NiMH
Posted to rec.models.rc.air,uk.d-i-y,uk.rec.models.radio-control.air
Doug McLaren

In article ,
Ian Stirling wrote:

| Does it give a capacity?
| If so, and it's 900mAh, it's NiMH

Actually, I've seen AA NiCd cells rated at up to and including 1100
mAh. AA NiMH cells I've seen rated at 1200 mAh (a while ago) and
going up to 2600 mAh or so.

In any event, most things like this have NiCd cells. But NiMH cells
will probably work fine as a drop-in replacement.

--
Doug McLaren, There's no need to fear, UNDERDOG is here!
Posted to rec.models.rc.air,uk.d-i-y,uk.rec.models.radio-control.air
Ian Stirling

In uk.d-i-y Owain wrote:
Ian Stirling wrote:
The worst that can happen if it's wrong is that it explodes showering
you with hot caustic electrolyte.

At least if it's an AA cell the quantity of hot caustic electrolyte will
be rather limited.

I suppose the effect might depend on which part of his anatomy the OP is
shaving at the time. ;-)

Even small amounts of hot caustics can be almost instantly blinding.

Posted to rec.models.rc.air,uk.d-i-y,uk.rec.models.radio-control.air
Ian Stirling

In uk.d-i-y The OTHER Kevin in San Diego skiddz "AT" adelphia "DOT" net wrote:
On 30 Jan 2006 13:13:49 GMT, Ian Stirling
wrote:

Even small amounts of hot caustics can be almost instantly blinding.

as can a fist full of lotion.

Not funny unfortunately, caustic soda splashes on the eye, along with a
few other liquids can cause permenant eye damage, without enough time to
wash it off before the eye is damaged beyond repair.

How to replace failed NiMH batteries in a siemens C35? Manco Marzio Electronics Repair 16 May 16th 05 09:01 PM
Is it safe for kids to take apart electronics? momwithtools Electronics Repair 64 March 1st 05 08:15 AM
NiMH batteries John Rouse UK diy 2 May 3rd 04 06:56 PM
Charging NimH batteries while in a device. Fritz Electronics 2 February 13th 04 11:23 PM
NICD vs NIMH batteries [email protected] UK diy 12 January 28th 04 01:09 PM