Posted to alt.home.repair

Default All new police officers in England and Wales to have degrees

An interesting idea?
Certainly a novel approach.

All new police officers in England and Wales will have to be educated to
degree level from next year, the College of Policing has announced.
It said the training would help police address changes in crime-fighting.
Prospective officers can either complete a three-year "degree
apprenticeship", a postgraduate conversion course or a degree.
The National Police Chiefs' Council said the changes would "help
modernise the service".

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-38319283
Posted to alt.home.repair

Unemployment for college graduates that bad there?
It seems to be a requirement to work at Starbucks here.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 12/15/2016 03:59 AM, Bod wrote:

An interesting idea?
Certainly a novel approach.

All new police officers in England and Wales will have to be educated to
degree level from next year, the College of Policing has announced.
It said the training would help police address changes in crime-fighting.
Prospective officers can either complete a three-year "degree
apprenticeship", a postgraduate conversion course or a degree.
The National Police Chiefs' Council said the changes would "help
modernise the service".

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-38319283

Fifty years or more ago, I read that there was such a glut of university
graduates in India that a trucking company (in Bangalore, IIRC) was
insisting on Bachelor's degrees for would-be truck drivers.

Perce

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Thu, 15 Dec 2016 08:59:01 -0000, Bod wrote:

An interesting idea?
Certainly a novel approach.

All new police officers in England and Wales will have to be educated to
degree level from next year, the College of Policing has announced.
It said the training would help police address changes in crime-fighting.
Prospective officers can either complete a three-year "degree
apprenticeship", a postgraduate conversion course or a degree.
The National Police Chiefs' Council said the changes would "help
modernise the service".

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-38319283

Intelligent police, now that would be odd. Perhaps we could have sensible conversations with them after getting stopped.

--
"The man who invented cats eyes got the idea when he saw a cat facing him in the middle of the road. If the cat had been facing the other way, he would have invented the pencil sharpener." - Ken Dodd.
/
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 15/12/2016 15:34, wrote:
Unemployment for college graduates that bad there?
It seems to be a requirement to work at Starbucks here.

Lol.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Bod posted for all of us...

An interesting idea?
Certainly a novel approach.

All new police officers in England and Wales will have to be educated to
degree level from next year, the College of Policing has announced.
It said the training would help police address changes in crime-fighting.
Prospective officers can either complete a three-year "degree
apprenticeship", a postgraduate conversion course or a degree.
The National Police Chiefs' Council said the changes would "help
modernise the service".

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-38319283

Datz Nize. All appropriate teaching is great. Don't they have ongoing
training by upper level management, credits for outside schooling and
district wide training?

--
Tekkie
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Thu, 15 Dec 2016 14:58:25 -0500, Tekkie®
wrote:

Datz Nize. All appropriate teaching is great. Don't they have ongoing
training by upper level management, credits for outside schooling and
district wide training?

I've seen people with a Bachelor's degree in Criminal Justice that had
never saw a criminal, (Educated Idiots). Not a lick of common sense.

"Now forget all that lovey dovey stuff you learned and let me show you
what one looks like up close." :-)
--
"Someone ever tries to kill you, you try to kill 'em right back" - Captain Malcolm Reynolds
Posted to alt.home.repair

Oren posted for all of us...

wrote:

Datz Nize. All appropriate teaching is great. Don't they have ongoing
training by upper level management, credits for outside schooling and
district wide training?

I've seen people with a Bachelor's degree in Criminal Justice that had
never saw a criminal, (Educated Idiots). Not a lick of common sense.

"Now forget all that lovey dovey stuff you learned and let me show you
what one looks like up close." :-)

Yup, OJT rules, that is why one gets a training officer for a period of
time. The managers have to make certain the burnouts are not the first ones..
Nothing like the recent grads feeling invincible... We had interns at our
station that could quote crap but when it came to thinking-huh?

--
Tekkie
Posted to alt.home.repair

Oren posted for all of us...

wrote:

Datz Nize. All appropriate teaching is great. Don't they have ongoing
training by upper level management, credits for outside schooling and
district wide training?

I've seen people with a Bachelor's degree in Criminal Justice that had
never saw a criminal, (Educated Idiots). Not a lick of common sense.

"Now forget all that lovey dovey stuff you learned and let me show you
what one looks like up close." :-)

Yup, OJT rules, that is why one gets a training officer for a period of
time. The managers have to make certain the burnouts are not the first ones.
Nothing like the recent grads feeling invincible... We had interns at our
station that could quote crap but when it came to thinking-huh?

Had a probationary employee implying, or least it was my impression
about how great he was. "Son, I have underwear that has seen more
crooks than you." Now go down and rub elbows with them. I'll know who
is in charge -- you or the crook. Your performance evaluation will
reflect on your performance. Once, the Captain told me to change an
evaluation, which was satisfactory. Meaning he got a paycheck and had
a job. I told the Captain, you change it, I'm not doing it :-)

Posted to alt.home.repair

Oren posted for all of us...

On Fri, 16 Dec 2016 16:02:27 -0500, Tekkie®

Oren posted for all of us...

wrote:

[...]

Upper management always wants someone else to sign off on their changes.
Since you called him on it do you know he did it?

--
Tekkie
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Mon, 19 Dec 2016 15:13:53 -0500, Tekkie®
wrote:

Had a probationary employee implying, or least it was my impression
about how great he was. "Son, I have underwear that has seen more
crooks than you." Now go down and rub elbows with them. I'll know who
is in charge -- you or the crook. Your performance evaluation will
reflect on your performance. Once, the Captain told me to change an
evaluation, which was satisfactory. Meaning he got a paycheck and had
a job. I told the Captain, you change it, I'm not doing it :-)

Upper management always wants someone else to sign off on their changes.
Since you called him on it do you know he did it?

Didn't care. I let it go when I told him no. If the guy got somebody
killed I had no skin in the game, because I told the boss I gave a
fair evaluation. Knowing the Captain, he likely pushed it off on
somebody else to change the evaluation.