Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Stove damper question

We heat with wood , burned in a King Circulater stove with an inlet damper
comtroller by a bimetal thermo spring . I saw a video on Youtube where a guy
claimed that a flue damper was better , kept more heat in the room/space
being heated ... and I wondered if there was any basis in fact for his
opinion .
--
Snag

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 12/14/2016 4:03 PM, Terry Coombs wrote:
We heat with wood , burned in a King Circulater stove with an inlet damper
comtroller by a bimetal thermo spring . I saw a video on Youtube where a guy
claimed that a flue damper was better , kept more heat in the room/space
being heated ... and I wondered if there was any basis in fact for his
opinion .

I've been told, but have no proof, that the only advantage of a flue
damper is in high wind conditions the heat is not sucked out. We have
an older Vermont Casting stove and they say not to use them, just the
inlet control.
Posted to alt.home.repair

"Ed Pawlowski" wrote in message ...

On 12/14/2016 4:03 PM, Terry Coombs wrote:
We heat with wood , burned in a King Circulater stove with an inlet
damper
comtroller by a bimetal thermo spring . I saw a video on Youtube where a
guy
claimed that a flue damper was better , kept more heat in the room/space
being heated ... and I wondered if there was any basis in fact for his
opinion .

I've been told, but have no proof, that the only advantage of a flue
damper is in high wind conditions the heat is not sucked out. We have
an older Vermont Casting stove and they say not to use them, just the
inlet control.

Yes flue and damper is 90% to keep carbon monoxide out and damper keeps
or reduce burning factor that fire last longer.

HVAC damper control question Mikepier Home Repair 5 January 10th 11 07:25 PM
Stove pipe damper question SteveB Home Repair 3 February 2nd 08 04:14 PM
Back draft damper question [email protected] Home Repair 1 October 18th 07 03:58 AM
Gas stove question Jack Home Repair 2 October 17th 06 03:40 AM
Gas Stove Question?? Bill Home Repair 4 December 18th 05 05:01 PM