Posted to alt.home.repair
Ed Pawlowski Ed Pawlowski is offline

Default Stove damper question

On 12/14/2016 4:03 PM, Terry Coombs wrote:
We heat with wood , burned in a King Circulater stove with an inlet damper
comtroller by a bimetal thermo spring . I saw a video on Youtube where a guy
claimed that a flue damper was better , kept more heat in the room/space
being heated ... and I wondered if there was any basis in fact for his
opinion .

I've been told, but have no proof, that the only advantage of a flue
damper is in high wind conditions the heat is not sucked out. We have
an older Vermont Casting stove and they say not to use them, just the
inlet control.