Posted to alt.home.repair

Default OT straps for car seat

I suppose I could go shopping for children's car seats, but it's easier
to ask youse guys.

How old does a kid half to be before he's able to unbuckle himself from
a car seat?

Does the typical seat just have a strap or two in front of the kids
chest so when he's strong enough to squeeze the "tabs" in, he's strong
enough to get out?

And are their seats designed to make this impossible for someone who can
get out of other seats? For example the latch could be put where he
can't reach it.

I can see a reason for both kinds. While I wouldn't do it for long
periods or without good reason, when the kid and one parent are out and
about, you don't want a kid unbuckling himself in the back seat out of
view of the driver (and even another passenger) and then what, opening
the door and falling out? Or at least wandering away.

But OTOH I see repeated stories of parents passed out (or dead?) in the
front seat while the kid is strapped in in the back. What if it's a
place where no one finds them? If the kid could get out of the seat, if
he's old enough to do so, and get out of the car, he stands a better
chance. It would be like enemy torture to spend days imprisoned in the
seat until one dies.
Posted to alt.home.repair

Give him a colt 45 and a bottle of 45 or just read the laws.

tensioning webbing straps alan UK diy 4 October 29th 12 08:34 AM
Brick straps? Bill Gill Home Repair 10 November 15th 11 03:18 PM
Furniture safety straps? Gareth[_2_] UK diy 7 March 15th 09 04:03 PM
Sheet straps metspitzer Home Repair 3 February 2nd 09 04:28 AM
No water heater straps in barry martin Home Repair 0 December 12th 04 03:32 AM