Posted to 24hoursupport.helpdesk,alt.politics.scorched-earth,alt.home.repair

Default Stephen Hawking says Earth may be doomed in 1,000 years

Really?? He can't us the weather next Friday
but can predict a 1000 years from now...LOL

Stephen Hawking has a simple message for humanity: Haul your butt to Mars (and beyond). In a speech delivered this week at the Oxford Union, the legendary scientist says humanity can only survive another thousand years or so on Earth thanks to growing threats that include climate change, nuclear war, and artificial intelligence, CNN reports.

I think the human race has no future if it doesn't go to space," the Daily Express quotes Hawking as saying. According to the Christian Science Monitor, Hawking says it's a "near certainty" that disaster will strike the human race within a thousand years if it stays on Earth, which he calls "fragile." There are some challenges on Earth, such as the depletion of its natural resources, humanity won't be able to overcome, he argues. Fortunately, the rate of space exploration is speeding up again, with private companies like Boeing and SpaceX picking up the slack from NASA and other government agencies. NASA is continuing its search for "goldilocks" planets, and Elon Musk recently outlined his plan for colonizing Mars. Hawking himself sounded optimistic, the Independent reports. Remember to look up at the stars and not down at your feet," he said Monday.

Posted to 24hoursupport.helpdesk,alt.politics.scorched-earth,alt.home.repair

burfordTjustice wrote:
[...]

He is only wrong on the 1000 years.
It will be 500 years.

Posted to 24hoursupport.helpdesk,alt.politics.scorched-earth,alt.home.repair

On Sat, 19 Nov 2016 18:19:43 -0000
"Mr Pounder Esquire" wrote:

burfordTjustice wrote:
[...]

What will the weather be for us on 4 December 2016??
Posted to 24hoursupport.helpdesk,alt.politics.scorched-earth,alt.home.repair

burfordTjustice wrote:
[...]

Agreed.

--
Did you hear about the little Indian chief who didn't know the difference between heads and tails?
He was always bringing home scalps with holes in them.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sat, 19 Nov 2016 18:25:39 -0000, "James Wilkinson Sword"
wrote:

He is only wrong on the 1000 years.
It will be 500 years.

Agreed.

The real problem is population. The same people who are pushing the
fear of global warming the hardest also want to cure all 3d world
diseases and bring those people into the 20th century.
More people, more development means more CO2 and more warming.

I suppose a nuclear war could scrub a few billion off the population
tho by the time the dust clears and all of the radiation disease,
famine, exposure death and ancillary little wars are over.
It seems to be the only answer they are really working on.

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

He is only wrong on the 1000 years.
It will be 500 years.

Agreed.

The real problem is population. The same people who are pushing the
fear of global warming the hardest also want to cure all 3d world
diseases and bring those people into the 20th century.
More people, more development means more CO2 and more warming.

No, they just think it does. There is no warming.

I suppose a nuclear war could scrub a few billion off the population
tho by the time the dust clears and all of the radiation disease,
famine, exposure death and ancillary little wars are over.
It seems to be the only answer they are really working on.

--
Why are there 5 syllables in the word "monosyllabic"?
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 2016-11-19, James Wilkinson Sword wrote:

There is no warming.

Yeah, all that melting ice is cuz it's getting colder. DOH!

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 2016-11-19, James Wilkinson Sword wrote:

There is no warming.

Yeah, all that melting ice is cuz it's getting colder. DOH!

Really!

GLOBAL WARMING? NASA says Antarctic has been COOLING for past SIX years:

http://www.express.co.uk/news/scienc...climate-change
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 2016-11-19, James Wilkinson Sword wrote:

There is no warming.

Yeah, all that melting ice is cuz it's getting colder. DOH!

Really!

GLOBAL WARMING? NASA says Antarctic has been COOLING for past SIX years:

http://www.express.co.uk/news/scienc...climate-change

Which is no contradiction of warming.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...t-too-excited/

And the land ice (which affect sea level) is melting fast/

https://www.skepticalscience.com/ant...termediate.htm

The arctic is currently 50 degrees warmer than normal.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...-above-normal/

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 2016-11-19, James Wilkinson Sword wrote:

There is no warming.

Yeah, all that melting ice is cuz it's getting colder. DOH!

Really!

GLOBAL WARMING? NASA says Antarctic has been COOLING for past SIX years:

http://www.express.co.uk/news/scienc...climate-change

Which is no contradiction of warming.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...t-too-excited/

And the land ice (which affect sea level) is melting fast/

https://www.skepticalscience.com/ant...termediate.htm

The arctic is currently 50 degrees warmer than normal.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...-above-normal/

Climate changes all the time, always has. To think we did it is egotistical.

--
Any woman can have the body of a 16-year-old ... as long as she buys him a few drinks first.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 11/19/2016 5:45 PM, Tony944 wrote:

Climate changes all the time, always has. To think we did it is
egotistical.

It has been changing and will continue to change. I do wonder though,
with all the carbon based fuel we've been burning the past 100+ years if
it had some effect. Some of the heat is lost to space, but how much?
As we pave roads and parking lots, do we get solar gain from the black
asphalt?
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sat, 19 Nov 2016 23:10:15 -0000, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

On 11/19/2016 5:45 PM, Tony944 wrote:

Climate changes all the time, always has. To think we did it is
egotistical.

It has been changing and will continue to change. I do wonder though,
with all the carbon based fuel we've been burning the past 100+ years if
it had some effect. Some of the heat is lost to space, but how much?
As we pave roads and parking lots, do we get solar gain from the black
asphalt?

The carbon based fuel we are burning was taken from the air by plants and animals millennia ago, we are simply returning it.

--
The teacher wrote "Like I ain't had no fun in months" on the board and then she said, "Timmy, how should I correct that?"
Timmy replied, "Maybe get a new boyfriend?"
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sat, 19 Nov 2016 23:10:15 -0000, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

On 11/19/2016 5:45 PM, Tony944 wrote:

Climate changes all the time, always has. To think we did it is
egotistical.

It has been changing and will continue to change. I do wonder though,
with all the carbon based fuel we've been burning the past 100+ years if
it had some effect. Some of the heat is lost to space, but how much?
As we pave roads and parking lots, do we get solar gain from the black
asphalt?

The carbon based fuel we are burning was taken from the air by plants
and animals millennia ago, we are simply returning it.

Sure but it generates heat doing so. Did the sequestering cause the ice
age? Seeking equilibrium? For every action . . .

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sat, 19 Nov 2016 23:42:28 -0000, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

On Sat, 19 Nov 2016 23:10:15 -0000, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

On 11/19/2016 5:45 PM, Tony944 wrote:

Climate changes all the time, always has. To think we did it is
egotistical.

It has been changing and will continue to change. I do wonder though,
with all the carbon based fuel we've been burning the past 100+ years if
it had some effect. Some of the heat is lost to space, but how much?
As we pave roads and parking lots, do we get solar gain from the black
asphalt?

The carbon based fuel we are burning was taken from the air by plants
and animals millennia ago, we are simply returning it.

Sure but it generates heat doing so. Did the sequestering cause the ice
age? Seeking equilibrium? For every action . . .

Heat is irrelevant. Even the greenies blame the CO2, not the heat. Heat just escapes into space. The sun makes billions time more heat than we do.

--
Sit on my lap, and we'll talk about the first thing that comes up.
Posted to alt.home.repair

James Wilkinson Sword expressed precisely :
On Sat, 19 Nov 2016 23:10:15 -0000, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

On 11/19/2016 5:45 PM, Tony944 wrote:

Climate changes all the time, always has. To think we did it is
egotistical.

It has been changing and will continue to change. I do wonder though,
with all the carbon based fuel we've been burning the past 100+ years if
it had some effect. Some of the heat is lost to space, but how much?
As we pave roads and parking lots, do we get solar gain from the black
asphalt?

The carbon based fuel we are burning was taken from the air by plants and
animals millennia ago, we are simply returning it.

It is the rate that matters.
Posted to alt.home.repair

Bull****. Nature can adjust very very quickly.

--
Her hair glistened in the rain like nose hair after a sneeze.
Posted to alt.home.repair

on 11/20/2016, James Wilkinson Sword supposed :
wrote:

James Wilkinson Sword expressed precisely :
On Sat, 19 Nov 2016 23:10:15 -0000, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

On 11/19/2016 5:45 PM, Tony944 wrote:

Climate changes all the time, always has. To think we did it is
egotistical.

It has been changing and will continue to change. I do wonder though,
with all the carbon based fuel we've been burning the past 100+ years if
it had some effect. Some of the heat is lost to space, but how much?
As we pave roads and parking lots, do we get solar gain from the black
asphalt?

The carbon based fuel we are burning was taken from the air by plants and
animals millennia ago, we are simply returning it.

It is the rate that matters.

Bull****. Nature can adjust very very quickly.

No it can't. They don't call it fossil fuel because it was made just
yesterday.
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

James Wilkinson Sword expressed precisely :
On Sat, 19 Nov 2016 23:10:15 -0000, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

On 11/19/2016 5:45 PM, Tony944 wrote:

Climate changes all the time, always has. To think we did it is
egotistical.

It has been changing and will continue to change. I do wonder though,
with all the carbon based fuel we've been burning the past 100+ years if
it had some effect. Some of the heat is lost to space, but how much?
As we pave roads and parking lots, do we get solar gain from the black
asphalt?

The carbon based fuel we are burning was taken from the air by plants and
animals millennia ago, we are simply returning it.

It is the rate that matters.

Bull****. Nature can adjust very very quickly.

No it can't. They don't call it fossil fuel because it was made just
yesterday.

Doesn't matter if it was made slowly. Release it all back quickly and plants will have a field day with extra CO2 to breathe. Ask any farmer what happens when you pump CO2 through polytunnels.

--
Some "chinese english" instructions (with software for a camera card). This is the contents of a file named "English installs the elucidation.doc", quoted in its entirety:

The high regard's customer:
How are you!
Thank youing can use the pico product of my company, and please press below the operation order install, and thank!
A,The software installs in proper order
1, install the good WIN2000 system;
2, open the software light the dish;
3, double click the SETUP.EXE
4, the model number of the choice gearing
a)PICO2000_104( PALApplication) this model number can at most support 4 roads see the frequency signal the importation
b)PICO2000_208( PALApplication) this model number can at most support 8 roads see the frequency signal the importation
c)PICO2000_416( PALApplication) this model number can at most support 16 roads see the frequency signal the importation
5, after finishing installing, three documents that light patch in the dish the catalogue descend: The msdxm.ocx, odbc32.dll, odbcint.dll beat arrives the c:\ windows\ system inside.
6, square version of usage hero , please double click the light the English Pack in the dish the document.
7, the copy resemble the regulating of appearance tone must install the VideoSetup software to proceed to regulate, install the procedure under the light dish root the catalogue VideoSetup the blank page clip setup.exe.
Plank card gearing
1.Insert the plank card arrive the main plank PCI the slot;
2.Start the calculator, and the auto install the plank card the drive to move the procedure( position:Light dish driver catalogue bottom)
Change the compression method
Beginning the ? circulate the ? the importation the " REGEDIT", and make sure the ?? enter the registration watch the editor, and open the HKEY ? CURRENT ? the USER\ software\ univision Canada Linited\ the pico2000 double click the " CODEC" can is worth this key to change to" MP42" or" IV50"
Note:
MP42 the MPEG4 compress the way (suggestion adoption MPEG4 compress way, should compress the way the compression the rate to is high)
IV50 the INDEO compress the way

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sunday, November 20, 2016 at 2:38:57 PM UTC-6, James Wilkinson Sword wrote:
On Sun, 20 Nov 2016 01:12:41 -0000, FromTheRafters wrote:

James Wilkinson Sword expressed precisely :
On Sat, 19 Nov 2016 23:10:15 -0000, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

On 11/19/2016 5:45 PM, Tony944 wrote:

Climate changes all the time, always has. To think we did it is
egotistical.

It has been changing and will continue to change. I do wonder though,
with all the carbon based fuel we've been burning the past 100+ years if
it had some effect. Some of the heat is lost to space, but how much?
As we pave roads and parking lots, do we get solar gain from the black
asphalt?

The carbon based fuel we are burning was taken from the air by plants and
animals millennia ago, we are simply returning it.

It is the rate that matters.

Bull****. Nature can adjust very very quickly.
--

If mankind vanished today, the Earth would hardly notice. The planet would just keep right on spinning and orbiting the Sun. The absolute arrogance of those who think man controls the climate is because of absolute ignorance. It has a lot to do with the fact that science and critical thinking are no longer really taught in schools anymore. For decades, Liberal/Leftists have infested the educational systems and shoveled junk science and Liberal/Leftist propaganda down the throats of children. It's all about turning out useful idiots so the Liberal/Leftist elite can control things. The Progressives, Liberals, Leftists, Communists or any other despotic group always go after the children. Heck, the Jesuits were experts. ヽ(*_*)ノ

Give me just one generation of youth, and I'll transform the whole world. Vladimir Ilyich Lenin

[8~{} Uncle Despotic Monster
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sun, 20 Nov 2016 22:16:23 -0000, Uncle Monster wrote:

[...]

You have way too much time to think, subsequently you are usually correct.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sunday, November 20, 2016 at 5:14:12 PM UTC-6, James Wilkinson Sword wrote:
On Sun, 20 Nov 2016 23:04:04 -0000, Uncle Monster wrote:

On Sunday, November 20, 2016 at 4:20:43 PM UTC-6, James Wilkinson Sword wrote:
[...]

At age 6, I decided all grownups were full of ****e. The mistake I made was letting my first grade teacher, Sister Godzilla, know of my opinion. Some six decades later, my opinion of adults hasn't changed that much.ヽ(ヅ)ノ

[8~{} Uncle Opinionated Monster

I agree, most adults are full of ****e.
--

Little kids haven't had time to fill up with excreta. That's why they're so entertaining and that's why they should always be protected. ヽ(ヅ)ノ

[8~{} Uncle Grown Monster
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sun, 20 Nov 2016 23:59:23 -0000, Uncle Monster wrote:

[...]

Nah, exploit them, send them down the mines!

--
Every day more money is printed for Monopoly than the US Treasury.
Posted to 24hoursupport.helpdesk,alt.politics.scorched-earth,alt.home.repair

burfordTjustice wrote:
[...]

FWIW the NATGEO TV channel is running a series on earthlings moving to
Mars. It started last Monday night. I found it interesting, they mix
scientific lectures with a dramatic movie about setting up living spaces
on the Red Planet.

Jeff

--
Jeffry Wisnia
(W1BSV + Brass Rat '57 EE)

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sunday, November 20, 2016 at 7:07:18 PM UTC-6, Jeff Wisnia wrote:
burfordTjustice wrote:
[...]

Speaking of Mars, where on Earth have you been Jeff. I don't know if you know it or not but Chris (Stormin Mormon) passed away. The poor fellow had a heart attack or some such while he was working on the roof of a drugstore and he wasn't found for several days. (._. )( ._.)

[8~{} Uncle Sad Monster

I MET STEPHEN HAWKING Jesus Kikey Home Repair 0 August 25th 15 01:32 PM
Tree growth rings disprove that the earth is warmer now than duringRoman times and or even 1000 years ago. Leon[_7_] Woodworking 166 July 24th 12 09:27 PM
PING Stephen Campbell The Medway Handyman UK diy 8 May 23rd 09 09:41 AM
We're doomed! HeyBub[_3_] Home Repair 9 January 24th 09 01:33 AM
We're doomed! [email protected] Home Repair 0 January 22nd 09 06:08 PM